Gibson Brands Forums

What to cover my pedal board with?

EvoRider

I am building my own pedal board and was wander what kind of fabric would velcro stick to and were can i get it. I have tried walmart but have had no luck in finding anything that it would stick to.. Was thinking about trying lowes tonight... Thanks Roy

Get a roll of hook velcro and a roll of loop velcro. Cover the board with the loop velcro so it doesn't get a bunch of crap stuck to it all the time.

The super heavy duty industrial velcro is way too intense for regular use on pedalboards IMO. I find that stuff really annoying. The adhesive will rip the finish off some pedals if you try to remove it and if you need to change up your board, you pretty much need a crowbar to pry pedals off. I can hold my board upside down with the regular velcro. I don't need or want any more hold than that. But that's just me...

/mini velcro rant

I was hoping to cover it with somekind of carpet so i could attach the hook part of the velcro to my pedals so i could position the pedal wherever is needed on the board.. But i dont know what or were to find this.. I have seen this on some of the old crate bass amp cabinets... I dont know what is is called or what it is... Kind of like the same stuff that is on tennis balls....

Archived