Gibson Brands Forums

Wow, top gear usa is really bad compared to the brit original

krock

Well, did you ever watch the first two seasons of UK top gear? It sucked, because they didn't really know what to do to make the show interesting and the guys barely knew each other. So if give the USA top gear some time, it will get better.

Well, did you ever watch the first two seasons of UK top gear? It sucked, because they didn't really know what to do to make the show interesting and the guys barely knew each other. So if give the USA top gear some time, it will get better.

Though I've never watched the show... Wouldn't it stand to reason that the US version has the successful UK version as a sort of premade guide?

Ok yeah the first 2 series' did suck but they had a much lower budget than the usa verion. Also, "Top Gear" in itself is now a brand and is fairly well known, so I would have expected the first episode to be more interesting and exciting. But I will give it a chance. Just for you Dem00n :)

Though I've never watched the show... Wouldn't it stand to reason that the US version has the successful UK version as a sort of premade guide?

True, but since when do the Americans listen to the Brits? Ive heard that the US one isnt getting any help from the UK one.

Huge Top Gear fan for many years, great entertainment!

The USA version will find it's feet over time. Any motoring programme is preferable to all the soap dross produced.

( if you enter, Rainbow Gear - When Zippy & George did 'Top Gear' into a popular video upload site you see how I found my username )

I really dislike the concept of repackaging a show/film - and then adapting it for the respective audience - I suppose the main reason it seems insulting to the people of the country, as they (the media) are assuming people are so stupid, that they cannot relate to things unless it has things they can recognise exactly from their day to day lives! People are better than this in my opinion...

The odd expression, name etc that is not familiar is easily sorted out; In England, we don't have names like 'Bear Claw' for a type of ice cream; so when it came up on Big Bang Theory I just googled it and thought "ahh that's what it is" - and hey presto, I am back to enjoying a great unadulterated programme [thumbup] Matt

Archived