Gibson Brands Forums

Metallica's new album

lagerfanny

You know, the more I listen to that Iced Honey track, the more I like it. The spoken vocals are in time which is not always something Lou Reed does.

Flame me if you want to, but it's starting to grown on me.

You know, the more I listen to that Iced Honey track, the more I like it. The spoken vocals are in time which is not always something Lou Reed does.

Flame me if you want to, but it's starting to grown on me.

Stop Liking It!!!

Just kidding, actually I can totally see where Lour Reed fans would like this more than Metallica fans. It's very Avant-Gaurde, I always thought of Lou Reed as Avant-Guarde Punk.

I looked it up in youtube.com since the BBC clip would not play for me.

Metallica as a backing band sounds OK, they could have played guitars without EMGs for this music, just my opinion.

The mix of Lou Reed and Metallica is just not good, not good at all.

Understanding what they tried to do with this project is one thing, the result is another....

Stop Liking It!!!

I didn't want to. Honest.

Just kidding, actually I can totally see where Lour Reed fans would like this more than Metallica fans. It's very Avant-Gaurde, I always thought of Lou Reed as Avant-Guarde Punk.

Yeah, that's about right. I love the VU, but a lot of his solo stuff is challenging for the listener. If he could just do Walk on the Wild Side or Dirty Boulevard or Ecstasy type songs we'd all be happier.

Having met them, and knowing aboot other personal experiences mostly with Lars, I declare shenanigans on all statements such as these..... [glare]

I met them one time in Chicago, and Lars was the only one who spoke and signed an autograph, so I can't say he is stuck up. The other guys ignored a 10 year old kid wanting a signature and walked right by, and nobody else was there but some roadies running around. That always stuck in my head. No offense to Metallica fans intended, but I could care less for them now. Sorry dude.

I am not a Lou Reed fan (apart from Perfect Day and Walk on the Wild Side) or a Metallica fan

But I can see the point of the collaboration

Lou Reed is known for originality and a refreshing disdain for stardom

There is wry humour and desperation in his music

Metallica have got a bit soft and predictable

It is the antithesis to X-factor/Pop Idol vacuity....(mmmm I rather like that turn of phrase) [thumbup]

V

:-({|=

Archived