Gibson Brands Forums

Any sports fans miss the NBA?

EVOL!

Even if you hate watching the NBA I would think you would want them to be up and running; if not for the entertainment purposes, then for our economy. [confused]

You are absolutely right. People associated with the arenas, and those whose income is associated with the NBA have my sympathy, but the NBA, the owners, and the players are perfectly symbolic of what the demonstrations on Wall Street are all about. And to top it off, the idea that a big tall guy can slam a ball through a hoop from a foot away and make a quarter of a billion dollars in his lifetime just goes to show where the priorities are in our society.

Yeah, I can feel for the "little guys" that are hurt when the "giants go stomping around", but, sports in general IMHO, has gone from people playing more cuz they love it and to just big $$$$. Use to love to watch MLB at Padres or Cards and tickets were $6 or $7 for great seats right next to 1st base. I will make a volatile analogy here. I really hate Political media ads (not the running process mine you, the worthless ads). I know some profit by these campaigns, but I won't wish they make $$ to have the process as it is.

Collage sports, at least when I was in school, was mainly for the current students to attend. Now the damn tickets are so high, and they sell blocks of the seat to all the alumni, many have told me in school they can't go. It's all about broadcast rights, tickets, & $$$. What happened to the FUN?

Aster

Basketball is my favorite sport

I like the way they dribble up and down the court...

Really though it is probably my favorite sport. That is to say that I can bear watching a basketball game. But I guess since I didn't even know that the NBA is on hiatus or whatever you can tell how much I care about sports.

I attended 3 regular season games last year, and the year before I attended one regular season and one playoff game. I will not be attending any games this year (assuming they resolve the lock out), or purchasing any NBA gear or watching any games on TV. Both players and owners will be surprised when they find out how many fans tell them to **** off for a season over their little pissing match.

Lot of NBA haters on the forum. I guess each is own. You couldn't pay me enough to sit through a hockey game.

I don't start watching basketball until January when the NFL season is all but over.

The NBA plays too many games anyway, and they ought to permanently cancel a couple of months worth of games. . [glare]

I enjoyed seeing the Mavericks, handle "King James" and DWade, especially after they both mocked the eventual MVP, Dirk Nowitzki.

Agreed, the NBA play way too many games, just like baseball. I also think they are way over paid, while charging the fans way too much for tickets, food, etc, which is the case with all professional sports. This would be a great opportunity for the people to see how greedy these owners and players are and pssibly use this as a means to boycott the league, until the league starts respecting the fans, and their wallets.

Archived