Gibson Brands Forums

ES-355

vincentw

I think the Epi Sheraton II poses as a better stand in for the ES 355... Seeing that the Gibson ES 355 is the "blinged out" version of the ES 335... All the Sheraton needs is the "Custom" Diamond Inlay on top :D... i love my sherry id rather have her than the 355... the diamond on that headstock does not look right, but the Flowers on my Sherry does :D

I had a '67 Gibson ES-345 back in the early '70's. The stereo output was a pain, as it couldn't be run in mono without modification to either the guitar or the cord. I chose to modify the cord--I cut it off at the "Y" split and had a mono plug wired up so I could have my effects (a wah and a fuzz at that time) on either or both pickups. The output setup on the Epi reissue makes a lot more sense, as it can be run in stereo or mono with no special cords required. Good call! The ES-355 is really cool too--looks great--mono output too; most of the original Gibsons were stereo, so this is actually better, in my opinion. The specs call for a bound tortoiseshell pickguard like on the originals, but it's not shown in the pics--I hope they'll ship with pickguards. I'd also love to see a stoptail version, and maybe a natural blonde finish option. I hate to say it, with Gibson being the iconic company that it is, but it seems like all the cool stuff is coming out in the Epiphone line. OK by me--they look to be good values.

Nice looking guitars.......On my list first is a Wildkat....Also want (don't need) an Epi Nighthawk....

And the new plain Epi 335s looks killer as well......I also need (not want) a Sheraton....:) ..........

Musicians Friend and Guitar Center are now carrying both.

GC has 70 of the 355's coming in.

The first will arrive on the 14th.

But which one? I have a Cherry Korean Riviera with mini's, so I am thinking the white 355.

They are also offering 15 months same as cash on financing.

I always buy during the Black Friday Sale so I will be buying one.

This weekend they are offering $100 off.

This brings the 355 and case to about $50 a month.

They did make me an offer of 15% a 355 and a 345, both with cases.

Works out to just a little over $100 a month for 15 months.

Last year they had a 20% off coupon so I will wait to see what incentives they have this year.

If anyone gets one sooner, please post.

Mark

They did make me an offer of 15% a 355 and a 345, both with cases.

Works out to just a little over $100 a month for 15 months.

Last year they had a 20% off coupon so I will wait to see what incentives they have this year.

Damn. This forum is the Devil!

Archived