Gibson Brands Forums

I can't feel me face!

Shnate McDuanus

Guest farnsbarns

Got some Lord Calbert Canaddian whisky (thanks canada!) in my belly, and my love for dEep Purple is coming back ot me. [smile]

Gotta say: there's been a lotta talk about "dad rock' pn the forum latelyu. But, if DEEP PURPLE is dad rock, then you might *** well call me "daddy."

[thumbup]

This might be the drunkest forum post I've ever seen! [thumbup]

how's the hangover XD? [biggrin]

Hangover?

I don't get 'em anymore. Drink plenty of water before drinking, drink plenty of water while drinking, drink some Gatorade when I'm done drinking and I'm usually good to go. Either that or I sleep through my hangovers. Either way, they haven't been a problem for me since I started paying attention to my hydration.

Hangover?

I don't get 'em anymore. Drink plenty of water before drinking, drink plenty of water while drinking, drink some Gatorade when I'm done drinking and I'm usually good to go. Either that or I sleep through my hangovers. Either way, they haven't been a problem for me since I started paying attention to my hydration.

I could only picture myself getting sick with Gatorade, I stay hydrated with the cola in my drink. Besides what are you afraid of a hangover for, as the day goes on you're only going to feel better. [biggrin]

Can't believe what I'm reading! College aged metal/Purple fans advising each other on how to avoid hangovers..Times have certainly changed! Enjoy the party!!! It's not very "rock n roll" to worry about the aftermath.

What can I say? I've dealt with enough hangovers (especially during early-morning classes [unsure] ) to the point where I've started to try and minimize them as much as possible. Still, it's weird, but, I do occasionally enjoy hangovers just for the sake of being able to stay in bed until 1 in the afternoon...The only reason why I took as many precautions as I did last night was because I was planning on going to the gym this morning--and, actually, I did go this morning! I've been making constant improvements in my performance--my benching weight is twice what it was when I started, and that's just from making small incremental improvements along the way. I want to be jacked as sh*t when I finish this year of college.

And, nobody can deny this: being jacked as sh*t is totally rock 'n' roll. [thumbup]

What can I say? I've dealt with enough hangovers (especially during early-morning classes [unsure] ) to the point where I've started to try and minimize them as much as possible. Still, it's weird, but, I do occasionally enjoy hangovers just for the sake of being able to stay in bed until 1 in the afternoon...The only reason why I took as many precautions as I did last night was because I was planning on going to the gym this morning--and, actually, I did go this morning! I've been making constant improvements in my performance--my benching weight is twice what it was when I started, and that's just from making small incremental improvements along the way. I want to be jacked as sh*t when I finish this year of college.

And, nobody can deny this: being jacked as sh*t is totally rock 'n' roll. [thumbup]

Great job man, and don't forget your cardio, and I'm not talking about listening to Dio while driving. Do some squats too, and squat DEEP. It really sucks for me because I pulled some muscles in my legs and I can't squat as deep until I heal.

Great job man, and don't forget your cardio, and I'm not talking about listening to Dio while driving. Do some squats too, and squat DEEP. It really sucks for me because I pulled some muscles in my legs and I can't squat as deep until I heal.

The squats are the most satisfying part of my routine! I do a full basic dozen lifting regiment, and cardio before weight training. Incidentally, I do sometimes listen to Dio while doing cardio (and your "cardio" pun was hilarious and well-recieved, by the way,) and I mostly do the elliptical trainer or the treadmill. Occasionally my workout buddy takes me out to the track for brisk morning runs in the cold...it's painful, but enjoyable at the same time.

I really love exercise. I just wish I started on it earlier in life.

The world has changed I guess...for the better (at least the healthier). I must admit that I work out now too at least 4x a week. But I'm 46 years old. Back in the day, chicks who dug rockers were after the skinny, long haired, cigarette smoking types and I fit the bill perfectly. Ah, memories. LOL! Still like my booze though. Good for you guys who saw the light and started taking care of yourselves at a much younger age!

When I reeeeally got into training hard in my 20s, it was still in the era when one smoked tobacco and trained, then went to smoke some more over coffee or whatever afterward.

Usually since I hit 18, if I had too much, it was entirely by accident and dependent on body chemistry at the time. For example, sometimes I could down a lot of it with little apparent effect, sometimes one glass of sherry would - and still can - give me an ungodly headache the next day.

Two worst hangovers? First was at 18, first week at college and an experiment with a fifth of Hiram Walker Imperial and a six pack of Pabst Blue Ribbon beer - neither of which I can stand to think about since then. Both were gone - well, 2 beers remained - within around two hours and ... the guys on the ground level dorm room thought they heard it raining that night.

Second most memorable time was soju in South Korea in the early 90s when these Korean security guys were saying goodbye to the America reporter who had come to be a bit of a friend regardless of something of a language barrier. After guzzling heaven knows how much of the stuff while eating bits of chicken and tofu, we ran around the campus taking photos until around 5 a.m. The bus left at 7 but I was not easy for a roommate to awaken. <grin> Whoooeeee... And I was long, long past my teen years. <grin>

Then there was the time that... <chortle> Naaah, won't go there. Nothing to be embarrassed about really, but... a bit longer tale.

m

Archived