Gibson Brands Forums

HNGD

AlanH

Ibanez RG 1570

What a cracking guitar this is. I can see why people rave about Japanese craftsmanship and materials. What's more I've never had a guitar that was so well set up out of the box.

This is the reason my last Epi Les Paul is up for sale (see Epiphone Electrics forum for details)

DSC02726.jpg

DSC02720.jpg

DSC02734.jpg

DSC02730.jpg

Alan

Ibanez RG 1570

What a cracking guitar this is. I can see why people rave about Japanese craftsmanship and materials. What's more I've never had a guitar that was so well set up out of the box.

This is the reason my last Epi Les Paul is up for sale (see Epiphone Electrics forum for details)

DSC02726.jpg

DSC02720.jpg

DSC02734.jpg

DSC02730.jpg

Alan

what a beauty! [drool]

i've had a steve vai jem and a rg770dxrr 1987 re-issue, my current ibanez is a hard tail with active pups, i've had enough of floyd roses for the time being the tuning and string changing has tried my patience over the yrs #-o.

got mine tuned down to low B, a MXR fullbore metal distortion pedal handles the menace and my marshall 100 watt all valve handles it very well indeed [biggrin]

001-3.jpg

I have a bottom end SA160. It looks to be a similar neck. I love it. The think neck really suits my hands. Plus the action is quite high and it doesn't matter. It plays great. I get lost in the models with Ibanez though. How can you tell which is where in the range?

Quite the killer G.

Love the look. Is it an all matte finish?

Congrats. . B)

Yes, it's a matte finish which Ibanez call 'suede.' I was initially a bit worried about it scratching easily but it doesn't seem so bad at all. What I do like about the finish is the 'clean lines' look you get with it. This is helped by the fact that you see different levels of shade on the different surfaces depending upon where the light source is coming from. Also, unlike the 2550/2570 prestiges this one has no neck binding - I just love the feel you get from stripped down, bling-free guitars.

Archived