Gibson Brands Forums

The new Lovepedal Silicon Fuzz Master

bluesguitar65

Thanks for posting your demo man

that's not really the type of fuzz I like, it sounds a little too tame for my tastes, but it sounds nice for your bluesy rock style. I did dig the part with the green ringer thing. It was pretty noisy with both on but sometimes you just have to sacrifice for that sweet fuzz action haha

I just put together a new pedalboard and there is some seriously ridiculous fuzz action happening. Lots of octaves and oscillation and gatedness n ****

that's not really the type of fuzz I like, it sounds a little too tame for my tastes, but it sounds nice for your bluesy rock style. I did dig the part with the green ringer thing. It was pretty noisy with both on but sometimes you just have to sacrifice for that sweet fuzz action haha

I just put together a new pedalboard and there is some seriously ridiculous fuzz action happening. Lots of octaves and oscillation and gatedness n ****

Word, I am hoping santa is bringing a bit commander this year.

Yea, it its not as fuzzy as your traditional fuzz face. I will do a comparison between this fuzz pedal and the fuzzface. Do you think this other lovepedal I purchased recently, OD 11, seem to work better with the strat and my playing style?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsgOPvWNqvY

Can we get a demo with your SG Classic?

Over the past year I have really warmed up to Si fuzzes. Recent loves are the blue Hendrix FuzzFaces. Those BC108 trannies sound very musical.

Oh yes, how can I forget. Stay tune EVOL, after all the great Pete Townsend and Carlos Santana used fuzz pedals during the psychedelic years, my favorite decade of guitar tone [thumbup] [thumbup]

Oh yes, how can I forget. Stay tune EVOL, after all the great Pete Townsend and Carlos Santana used fuzz pedals during the psychedelic years, my favorite decade of guitar tone [thumbup] [thumbup]

Right. That early seventies era Townshend stuff with The Who is some of my all time favorite guitar tones, playing, and songwriting. That monster sported a Univox Superfuzz. Great pedal.

Yea, it its not as fuzzy as your traditional fuzz face. I will do a comparison between this fuzz pedal and the fuzzface. Do you think this other lovepedal I purchased recently, OD 11, seem to work better with the strat and my playing style?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsgOPvWNqvY

Yeah that sounds perfect for the amount of crunch you need. Very Hendrix-y.

Evol I'm glad you warmed up to the Si. A lot of the Ge business is total bullshit hype. I get a little sick to my stomach when I read some of the hyped up Ge talk. That's where it becomes obvious that some people have no idea what they're talking about when it comes to fuzz haha

With that being said, I generally prefer a good Ge fuzz. But if you look at my board I have one Ge fuzz and 5 Si fuzzes (total fuzz overkill I know, I need a smaller board) and even one IC based fuzz. I don't discriminate haha

Evol I'm glad you warmed up to the Si. A lot of the Ge business is total bullshit hype. I get a little sick to my stomach when I read some of the hyped up Ge talk. That's where it becomes obvious that some people have no idea what they're talking about when it comes to fuzz haha

In general I find Ge fuzzes to be more musical. That doesn't mean you cannot get some sweet tones from a Si sonic assault weapon.

(total fuzz overkill I know,...

A guitar player can never have too many fuzz boxes. Like gravity it is a universal law. If it's any indication, the only pedal I ever regret selling was my Yardbox. [crying]

I agree with that to an extent. It really depends on the circuit, the transistors, and what you're going for.

And of course a lot depends on the builder. I'm just figuring out how to test transistors with my DMM so I can match them perfectly to the circuit I'm working on. There are variables other than Ge or Si that will have a big effect on the sound.

And yeah having all that fuzz onboard is awesome. There are lots of interesting combos to be made and all that good stuff. Right now I'm pretty keen on my ghetto Shoegazer aka my point to point wired Soda Meiser running into my Torns Peaker. And my new Dwarfcraft Great Destroyer is providing some insane oscillation.

I agree with that to an extent. It really depends on the circuit, the transistors, and what you're going for.

And of course a lot depends on the builder. I'm just figuring out how to test transistors with my DMM so I can match them perfectly to the circuit I'm working on. There are variables other than Ge or Si that will have a big effect on the sound.

And yeah having all that fuzz onboard is awesome. There are lots of interesting combos to be made and all that good stuff. Right now I'm pretty keen on my ghetto Shoegazer aka my point to point wired Soda Meiser running into my Torns Peaker. And my new Dwarfcraft Great Destroyer is providing some insane oscillation.

but what you really need is a Baby Thundaa

HOLLA

I got a Great Destroyer kit as my secret Santa gift (sshhh don't tell anyone I opened it already). The thing is, I got this mysterious box in the mail.. It wasn't wrapped up or anything and it was pretty big and heavy so I thought it was the smallsound/bigsound tourbox. So I opened it up and there was a blank drilled enclosure and some candy and CDs and stuff. I was like wtf? then I realized what it was. At that point the element of surprise was gone so I put the kit together and ate all the candy.

It's the weirdest pedal I've ever heard. I'm gonna have a lot of fun just making sputtery oscillation noises with it.

I'm gonna spray paint some graphics on it then I'll post pics. It's so cool!

Hey Dub,

Please post some of your DYI pedals with custom paint jobs. Man, I wish I could do what you do.....I such a klutz and knowing me, I would probably have the fire dept over.

I can vouch for the quality of his work, the Devi Ever Soda Meiser/Vintage Fuzz Master clone he built me is wicked - probably a little out there for your tastes though. It's in my sonic thread if you want to check it out.

Hey Dub,

Please post some of your DYI pedals with custom paint jobs. Man, I wish I could do what you do.....I such a klutz and knowing me, I would probably have the fire dept over.

It's probably easier than you think. I did severely burn my finger on my first build though. Ouch.

Jeff the Soda Meiser is intense I love that circuit. After I tried yours on bass I just had to build another one. The point to point one I built sounds exactly like yours so we're tonal twinzies.

All this germanium talks got me thinkin.. I've got some really cool old germanium transistors that I aught to put to use.

Hey Dub,

I just posted this in my DIY thread, but in case you miss it here's that Great Destroyer. First attempt at a rattlecan paintjob. I left the finish a little rough around the edges cause this pedal is anything but smooth

photo-1014.jpg

Man that looks so cool Dub!!! Is there a way to hear it?

Thanks! I think I'm gonna start putting some kind of graphics on all of my builds.

this demo does pretty nice job of showing what this pedal sounds like. It's pretty ****in crazy.

I'll post my own video when I get a new phone that can take videos. It won't be long!

Archived