Gibson Brands Forums

sunburst ??

blindboygrunt

Not all Gibson sunbursts are things of beauty. I've seen several burts similar to this one where the blending of the different colors is horrible. Hard masking lines instead of nicely graduated colors. What a shame.

Ain't that the truth - the bursts on the old LG-2s are far from the best job turned out in the spray booths up on the third floor.

i was assuming its some sort of fake . or a

cover up of something. the guitars not in the best of shapes , check out the break angle at the saddle :-s

When did Gibson go back to the fixed saddle, rather than the adjustable one? The question in my mind is whether this is the original bridge.

The listed string clearance at the 12th fret (3/16"), plus the very shallow break angle at the saddle, leads me to believe that either the guitar is in need of a neck set, or the top has belly'd badly behind the bridge.

This looks to me like a perfect of example of the worst of Norlin, despite what the seller claims about the tone of the guitar.

Looks like an apprentice job. Guess clumsys like this serve as reminders of the real burst glory. The gear-less glide from dark to light, night to day, sorrow to joy, philosophy to dance, , ,

praise those amber grails of shimmering change – place them in the winter sun.

Looks like an apprentice job. Guess clumsys like this serve as reminders of the real burst glory. The gear-less glide from dark to light, night to day, sorrow to joy, philosophy to dance, , ,

praise those amber grails of shimmering change – place them in the winter sun.

If it's an old cherry burst, you'd better keep it out of the sun, or it will fade away........

Archived