Gibson Brands Forums

This year in music...

daveinspain

This was a good year for music and music gear... My playing has improved greatly, although I still have light years to go before I can claim that I'm even close to be good. I was asked to join another band. I found a new guitar professor and I'm starting to get it. I got a couple new guitars, one I bought (Strat) and one was traded for (Grestch 6120) and I got a couple new pedals (Box of Rock and a RC 30 loop station). I got a new computer and music software. Very badly needed... I stopped all my studio and production work in 2007 to learn guitar. Since then my music production software, Cubase, went up 3 versions and my computer wont even run on the new Mac operating system. I got a new MacBook Pro 15" cuad core and Cubase 6 and I am going to start my music production and writing again but based on guitar rather than keyboards... I am going to do my best to get an album out this year...

I'm a lucky guy and thank god for my blessings...

You had a pretty eventful year Dave. "Good on you", as that one guy used to say B)

The only "new" item I acquired was a ProCo Rat pedal. Used, I picked up 2 old Peavey amps (Classic VT and Back Stage), pedals (2 Dunlop Crybay Wahs and Visual Sounds H20) plus I got one of those Yamaha digital recorders. Which BTW came with Cubase 3 software and I still haven't really learned how to use it to make projects. #-o

Maybe this year's resolution should be to learn Cubase properly. :-k

I'm with you, Charlie. I did retire and am determined to to get to a point where I can just sit back and enjoy playing here in my home and studio. Have you made a final decision yet?

Hall

Archived