Gibson Brands Forums

good time to buy

jefleppard

if you're canadian (or live nearby) now is a good time to buy here. since the dollar has been relatively even with the US, most retailers have adjusted their prices to reflect this. i've noticed gear prices have either been the same or a little bit cheaper here during this time of equity. now that the turmoil in the wake of the great bailout has sent world markets and the cdn $ into a tailspin, our pricing indeces will like change for the worse before too long. i think, if you want to buy at home, now is the time. not that us gas-o-holics need incentive to buy more gear!

Did prices here go up last week? I got my '62 SG last Saturday and was told prices were going up on the same day because of the dollar. I haven't been back to see for myself.

But all in all, I agree with you. For the past year or so, our prices came down and were on par with American prices, sometimes even less. If our prices haven't increased, a R9 lists for $5,100. In the US, they're $6,000. That's a huge difference on the same guitar!

I was looking at an old post from when I bought my R8 just over four weeks ago. I mentioned the shop was selling them for $3059 canadian or about $2850 u.s. (at that time). As of tonight, $3059 cdn is around $2395 u.s.

If anyone is looking for a GREAT deal on a Gibson right now, I can recommend a fantastic shop with excellent prices and service second to none.

Did prices here go up last week? I got my '62 SG last Saturday and was told prices were going up on the same day because of the dollar. I haven't been back to see for myself.

But all in all, I agree with you. For the past year or so, our prices came down and were on par with American prices, sometimes even less. If our prices haven't increased, a R9 lists for $5,100. In the US, they're $6,000. That's a huge difference on the same guitar!

Yes, the prices have gone up. I just came back from L&M. My new Strat costs over $300 what it cost a few weeks ago.

I think its time Canada and the US had one currency. Like the Euro.

• 2 weeks later...

But all in all' date=' I agree with you. For the past year or so, our prices came down and were on par with American prices, sometimes even less. If our prices haven't increased, a R9 lists for $5,100. In the US, they're $6,000. That's a huge difference on the same guitar![/quote']

Tim, say it ain't so. C'mon on over the Peace Bridge and buy one in New York State...we need the sales tax revenue!

rocketman' date=' forget it...I've helped you guys out enough! :)

I bought my ES and R8 from NY State.[/quote']

What do I have to say to get you in this guitar today?

"I am the world's worst salesman, therefore, I must make it easy for people to buy." Gene Fowler

• 6 months later...

Archived