Gibson Brands Forums

Today's Bird

E-minor7

Went in to check a couple of guitar walls today. Among others I saw a TV Bird. Intriguing as if I'd never seen such thing before hehe he. . .Found a stool and jacket off. First nail strum.

A Hummingbird indeed. Sweet and yes, , , , honeyglazed. Different than my own TV from '08, which is more crisp, , , (and as I felt it), powerful. These 2 are siblings no doubt, but the one in the shop seemed mellower and smoother sounding. Maybe like freshwater to saltwater in lack of a better metaphor.

The appearance also quite different.

The Wall-hanger, very even amber topped with light golden-brown back and sides - wow.

Mine have the caramel-brown/cherry top with strong redish back'n'sides - wow.

The Wall-hangers bindings almost too real yellow, but still right in the context.

Mine, the balanced cream ones, which are bulls eye.

Apart from that, all the same. Yet there must be this inner variation. When I look inside mine, it's scalloped, but not that much (we should compare here at some point).

Of natural reasons I couldn't do the same in the store, but 1 question keeps coming back. Though mine is opening up and provides more bass now, is there another out there closer to the 'real Bird-sound' ? (at least how I define the phenomenon).

The answer might be flying from tree to tree, but one thing is certain. There's always a flock.

Different strings do different things or make a Guitar sound totaly different like a medium sting in P.B. gives a thicker low and med's[tremble} sound verses a light sting give a thiner brighter sound to the same guitar and theres even more sounds with different brands etc. It's cheaper to try this approach first.

lol

you're all insane , you all know that right?

Is this a case of the pot calling the kettle black? In our case, it's just perverted geezer humor. Poor Em7 is being his usual poetic self, and we makes nasty schoolboy humor out of it.

Apart from that, all the same. Yet there must be this inner variation. When I look inside mine, it's scalloped, but not that much (we should compare here at some point).

Of natural reasons I couldn't do the same in the store, but 1 question keeps coming back. Though mine is opening up and provides more bass now, is there another out there closer to the 'real Bird-sound' ? (at least how I define the phenomenon).

The answer might be flying from tree to tree, but one thing is certain. There's always a flock.

Funny thread :)

But the point about the scallops...... am I correct in thinking each scalloped brace would be done by hand? meaning each one would be slightly different...and different guitar would/could have quite significant sized scallops cut.

( sorry if this seems a silly question )

If i look inside my new Hummingbird the scallops go down to like maybe a few millimeters,with maybe an inch and a half slope. I'm not certain but I think my last bird was not so much..maybe just me.

It may sound a little far fetched but my new Bird's bass response seemed to open up significantly after just a couple of days playing ( direct from factory brand new strings..ect )

I'm loving her.

The Bird-thread that didn't fly – Okay lads (and DRob), you know I can take it.

Maybe this talk about one honeyglaze opposed to another is a bit demanding. But wasn't there a fair share of meat on the 'let's compare scalloped braces' idea. . .

Just saw Del Nilppeznaf thought so while I was writing. A green lantern for that.

The Bird-thread that didn't fly – Okay lads (and DRob), you know I can take it.

Maybe this talk about one honeyglaze opposed to another is a bit demanding. But wasn't there a fair share of meat on the 'let's compare scalloped braces' idea. . .

Just saw Del Nilppeznaf thought so while I was writing. A green lantern for that.

HEY~!!!!! How did you find out about my sex change operation?

HEY~!!!!! How did you find out about my sex change operation?

All I know is that your old band Wheathead and The Petermen were close to warming up for The Fab, , , and that you eventually got a pair of birds.

Let it roll Danvill, , , yeah yeah yeah. . . . .

All I know is that your old band Wheathead and The Petermen were close to warming up for The Fab, , , and that you eventually got a pair of birds.

Let it roll Danvill, , , yeah yeah yeah. . . . .

HAHAHAHA..... made me laught out loud...(my secretary thinks I'm nuts!)...... WheatHead & The Petermen!!

Archived