Gibson Brands Forums

odds and ends

blindboygrunt

while reading a post someone mentioned they had a princess mary tin that they carried all their bits n bobs in to gigs ... tuner capo picks strings nailclippers stringwinder condoms .... whatever u think h might need for a show . i thought great idea. any recommendations for a little box/tin thats not too big or small . princess mary tins are expensive :-s

what do u guys use ??

I have a backpack which carries guitar stands and amp stand, and here i put the boxes with my looper, aura spectrum, and a couple boss pedals. Main bag is a sports bag that has chords, picks, strings, capos, cigarettes ,biz cards, slides, headache pills, cloth, mikes, batteries , tuners, adaptors, feedbck buster, light, and a spare box of mojo.

One of them old Golden Virginia tobacco tins might do the trick.. the large ones... think you could fit in evryything u mentioned.

I have a large army rucksack thats been all over the place with me.... for leads and outboard kit

It's amazing the stuff you can find in your gig bag after being on the road a while .... somethings better left unsaid B)

At home I keep all the doodads I use regularly in a cool old case I ran across. It has bakelite drawers and is covered with the same brown stuff Lifton used on its guitar cases in the 1950s. It is about the size of one of those cases that back in the day you put 45 rpm records in. I also have an old metal Black Diamond string display case in which I keep spare parts and other things I do not need on a regular basis.

On the road, I hate to say it, but I just throw what I need in a WWII surplus gas mask bag.

At home I keep all the doodads I use regularly in a cool old case I ran across. It has bakelite drawers and is covered with the same brown stuff Lifton used on its guitar cases in the 1950s. It is about the size of one of those cases that back in the day you put 45 rpm records in. I also have an old metal Black Diamond string display case in which I keep spare parts and other things I do not need on a regular basis.

On the road, I hate to say it, but I just throw what I need in a WWII surplus gas mask bag.

ZW, what's a "45 rpm record"? [biggrin]

I have great wooden boxes made by a guy in Kentucky. I have a smallish box I use for picks and a larger box that I keep all my maintenance stuff in for string changes, cleaning polishing etc. They're gorgeous and work great. I'm going to get a larger one to hold other things as well.

http://www.artmusic.net/coopers-wood-studio.html

Archived