Gibson Brands Forums

Look whast Fedex brought me...

paulsmulebarn

very nice axe. Is it new or used. Looks like great condition if used. Is your amp the ac15 or ac30? I would love to get the ac30 with a blue celestion speaker. how does your studio sound on that amp? I have a studio too and just wondering how the combo of the vox and lp studio sounds?

congrats on the new guitar! a worthy addition to your current set-up.

I have a studio too and just wondering how the combo of the vox and lp studio sounds?

Go to a music store, bring your LP studio, and find out. There's no point in trying to guess what a tone will sound like based on descriptions. You have to experience the magic.

congrats on the new guitar! a worthy addition to your current set-up.

Go to a music store' date=' bring your LP studio, and find out. There's no point in trying to guess what a tone will sound like based on descriptions. You have to experience the magic.[/quote']

I just bought a new amp, so it is gonna be a long while before I get to buy any new ones. Just wondering on someone elses opinion right now. I like to plan for the future, but I never buy anything without actually trying it or listening to someone else play with it first.

thanks guys. i bought it used...at a great price (less than half of retail). i've only been able to run it at modest volumes, but the p90s do sound good - how could a p90 not sound good???

the amp is an ac15 with the stock wharfedale speaker. i'm going to upgrade it, just haven't settled on a speaker yet. obviously i'm leaning toward the celestion blue, or the warehouse equivalent, but i'm thinking about a greenback, as well. for the price, maybe i'll just buy another one and use them both... the amp does have the bright switch removed, which makes it much more usable when overdriven...the od is a lot less "loose and sloppy."

thanks for all the comments!

appreciate the comments, guys. this really is a nice guitar, although different in feel and vibe than my studio. spent a considerable amount of time with it last night with my ac15's master dimed and the top boost volume about 11 o'clock. damn this thing sounds good. the pups in this thing really growl.

Archived