Gibson Brands Forums

How to user the ignore user button...

daveinspain

Maybe the ignore user button should be used more by the members here. Go to the upper right hand corner of the page where you make new posts. You will see your photo, your user name and next to that a little white arrow, click on the arrow and a new dialog box will open with some options to chose from. The last option is "manage ignored users" click on that, then you can add a name or take one off your list. Problem solved, just sayin'....

Maybe the ignore user button should be used more by the members here. Go to the upper right hand corner of the page where you make new posts. You will see your photo, your user name and next to that a little white arrow, click on the arrow and a new dialog box will open with some options to chose from. The last option is "manage ignored users" click on that, then you can add a name or take one off your list. Problem solved, just sayin'....

I have found there are folks who never seem to post anything of any relevance, or have demonstrated repeatedly to be ignorant and abrasive. Yes, I can skip over their posts.... or I can ignore them and they just won't show up at all.

Word to that. I can ignore without a forum function. Maybe its just me. :) hehehehe

It's a good skill, and you couldn't survive usenet without ignoring. Sure, "killfiles" were invented, but I always felt they were for the weak. Read it, ignore it, respond to it, don't read it, the only 4 things you can do. But don't gripe, because if you don't like it, don't reply, don't give it life for you, just go look for something else to make fun of. Somebody has an Epiphone*, they are easy to pick on**.

rct

*I own an Epiphone. Mid 90's Les Paul, "2" on the back of the headstock, some sorta ugly teddy bear lookin burst. Got it at Philly Phall, like 2000 or so, sometime in there, was like $275, a steal. Put a pair of 57 classics in it, straplocks, grovers, speedknobs, wired up to one volume no tones, the usual stuff for me. Gigged it quite a few nights too! Sure, I haven't seen it in a long time, it's at bass players house.

**Admit it. Yer an epiphone owner/user. Yer easy. You know it. My Gobsins poop all over yer Epis, everyone on the internet knows that. That right there was enough to cause most of you to be late making yer electric bill and probably lose 8 pounds sweating it out tonight and tomorrow. You epiphone guys are too easy.

It's a good skill, and you couldn't survive usenet without ignoring. Sure, "killfiles" were invented, but I always felt they were for the weak. Read it, ignore it, respond to it, don't read it, the only 4 things you can do. But don't gripe, because if you don't like it, don't reply, don't give it life for you, just go look for something else to make fun of. Somebody has an Epiphone, they are easy to pick on.

rct

Hey I have 3 Epiphones! :)

It's a good skill, and you couldn't survive usenet without ignoring. Sure, "killfiles" were invented, but I always felt they were for the weak. Read it, ignore it, respond to it, don't read it, the only 4 things you can do. But don't gripe, because if you don't like it, don't reply, don't give it life for you, just go look for something else to make fun of. Somebody has an Epiphone, they are easy to pick on.

rct

[lol] rct was just added to many Epi user's ignor list... [lol]

It's a good skill, and you couldn't survive usenet without ignoring. Sure, "killfiles" were invented, but I always felt they were for the weak. Read it, ignore it, respond to it, don't read it, the only 4 things you can do. But don't gripe, because if you don't like it, don't reply, don't give it life for you, just go look for something else to make fun of. Somebody has an Epiphone, they are easy to pick on. [flapper]

rct

Ha, I haven't owned a gibby since 2009, but I do have 4 epiphones [flapper] . Does that make me 4 times more more likely to be bullied.

Somebody has an Epiphone, they are easy to pick on.

[lol]

The rest of rct's post was spot on (as well - lol!)*.

One of my (forum) mates was chatting with me the other day about some idiot here and I had to admit I'd no idea what he was on about as I never open this member's posts. I used to; but I soon realised he was an utter buffoon and it would be a waste of my time - but not a fun way.

P.

*Hey, J/K. I had an Epi too - it's the guitar in my 'profile' snap - and it was a really nice instrument.

I do believe this is a good feature!

I'll start using it! I really need it at times, instead of hearing what everyone has to say about me so much.

Great idea Thumps up! [thumbup]

I have a feeling I'm like the only one in this thread that can still see this.

Archived