Gibson Brands Forums

Cool commercial

T Bone

I think that commercial sums up most people. I would wager outside of guitar players there are few who could tell you who Les Paul was or what he looked like.

These days, yes. But years ago, he was a very big star!

Yup, has his own TV show and everything :)

Although I've seen it a few times before I still absoluely love that clip, Rabs.

Les' playing there was sensational - the final two chords are especially wonderful! Previously I always suspected that a lot of it was speeded up but having seen Jeff Beck perform the same piece in the Iridium 'Tribute' DVD I've changed that assumption completely. Overtracked yes; but speeded up? Probably not. He was one Hell of a player!

Mary Ford's inflection in the second verse is an absolute delight, too.

Even the cat gets into the act, having a quick nut-lick at 1:29...lol!

Great track; great clip!

P.

EDIT : I hope it's not deemed going too far off-topic but if anyone is interested here's the clip to which I allude with Jeff Beck, backed (or more accurately'fronted'!) by Imelda May.

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abF9rZOxmx8

P.

Although I've seen it a few times before I still absoluely love that clip, Rabs.

Les' playing there was sensational - the final two chords are especially wonderful! Previously I always suspected that a lot of it was speeded up but having seen Jeff Beck perform the same piece in the Iridium 'Tribute' DVD I've changed that assumption completely. Overtracked yes; but speeded up? Probably not. He was one Hell of a player!

Great track; great clip!

EDIT : I hope it's not deemed going too far off-topic but if anyone is interested here's the clip to which I allude with Jeff Beck, backed (or more accurately'fronted'!) by Imelda May.

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abF9rZOxmx8

P.

Thanks Pippy, I've seen the clip of Les and Mary of course, but that one of Jeff Beck and Imelda May was totally new to me, very cool indeed. [thumbup]

Great track; great clip!

P.

Enjoy!

P.

Wow that was very cool, never seen that before. Thanks Pippy :)

And yeah, I think I myself have posted that clip before but any excuse to get Les up on the Forum which may never even of exsisted if not for him. And yeah I love his playing in that, during the solo the camera has trouble keeping up with his hand movements.. Just an amazing player and man all round..

Archived