Gibson Brands Forums

Michael Angelo Batio's "Tribute to Randy rhoads"

S t e v e

I like it. It pays tribute by playing Randy's licks yet MA adds elements from his style which I think he blends to two nicely.

Many don't know this but Michael Angelo was one of the first guitarist asked to be RR's replacement. He turned down the offer. I saw MA at a guitar clinic shortly after RR died and he told that to the group at the clinic.

I like it. It pays tribute by playing Randy's licks yet MA adds elements from his style which I think he blends to two nicely.

Many don't know this but Michael Angelo was one of the first guitarist asked to be RR's replacement. He turned down the offer. I saw MA at a guitar clinic shortly after RR died and he told that to the group at the clinic.

realy? thanks for that info...also gotta say to randy fans my thread isn't a randy V michael thing it's just your thoughts i wanted on his tribute to randy B)

I don't know much of the music of Randy Rhoads ([scared]) but I know enough so that I can sort of guess which bits came from which source.

I enjoyed the clip immensely. So much so that I opened a second browser so I could replay the soundtrack as I typed my reply. I suspect I'll listen to it a few more times before I log off.

Thanks again for a very enjoyable post, Steve.

[thumbup]

P.

I really dig this guy he rips and he is wicked clean.Great Randy riffs mixed with a lot of his own.I think he had some learn to play guitar videos in the back of a lot of Guitar mags in the late 80's.Dam he rips even the acoustic piece around the forum threads is some super playing.

I enjoyed the clip immensely. So much so that I opened a second browser so I could replay the soundtrack as I typed my reply. I suspect I'll listen to it a few more times before I log off.

Thanks again for a very enjoyable post, Steve.

[thumbup]

P.

I did the exact same thing. MAB has a whole album of tribute songs. I like his video's of him playing double necks and 4 neck's.

I learn the solo to crazy train a few weeks back, he's way more fluid at playing it

Archived