Gibson Brands Forums

MY NEW RECORD

RS1976

Volume 3 is now on iTunes!!!! I am glad. if anybody chooses to hear a couple tracks and leave some feedback, good or bad, I'm all ears. I hope you guys would choose to peak in and have a listen!

thanks!

Really interesting music, my friend. I found myself very intrigued by it. The song that first grabbed my attention is "When Death Had No Name." The tone and atmosphere of the song (along with the vocal) fit the title. For me, this was truly different, and I liked it. Also liked "Wise As Serpents Innocent As Doves." Some of your songs would be a good fit for scenes in a movie. [thumbup]

Thanks Missouri, thank you kindly. I have always wanted to contribute music to film as I've always felt that in movies, sound is half the picture.

the song "when death had no name" is a song that was a B-side by the singer Glenn Danzig. He released it on the flipside of a single back in the 90s but I actually had a copy of that song when it was still in the demo stage. Today its as easy as google searching these things, but before the internet, getting your hands on a bands old school demo tapes was like finding gold.

i always loved the song. lyrically it could have been written by Poe.

may the TONE be with you, friend!

Really interesting music, my friend. I found myself very intrigued by it. The song that first grabbed my attention is "When Death Had No Name." The tone and atmosphere of the song (along with the vocal) fit the title. For me, this was truly different, and I liked it. Also liked "Wise As Serpents Innocent As Doves." Some of your songs would be a good fit for scenes in a movie. [thumbup]

I thought I had a reponse in here, looks like I don't, anyway.

I got your CD last week, bought it from CD Baby because I did not see that you were shipping directly too.

The CD is a nice change of pace for me, I've enjoying it quite a bit.

The only thing that I noticed is that at some points the flute seems to clip in the recording but frankly I have not had an opportunity to listen on my stereo with large speakers so it jut may be my headphones.

I listened to all the previews of your songs. I quite liked them, totally different from what I normally listen to and it made a nice change. Your passion for music definitely comes across dude

I have just downloaded a couple of Ravner's original compositions from iTunes and my favourite thing is that he is not trying to copy anyone and his own man. Well done Ravner [thumbup]

So a hearty bump for Ravner's new project

Matt

Archived