Gibson Brands Forums

Zagerized J45 - only $3800!!

Yggdrasil

Who needs Ren when ya got Denny!

From eBay Listing :

"GIBSON J45 ACOUSTIC GUITAR WITH CUSTOM SET UP AND CASE / STRINGS

US $3,800.00 Buy It Now

If you want the playability and sound of a $3000 guitar (without the $3000 price tag) you've found your next guitar. I've been playing 25 years and this is may be the easiest playing guitar we've ever had in our shop. Custom modified by master guitar builder Denny Zager using his patented "String Science" system. You can play this guitar for hours with no pain or soreness. If you're a pro this guitar will give you more speed and accuracy with cleaner transitions. Barr chords are a breeze! You can move so much faster when you barely have to touch the strings to form chords. If you're a beginner this guitar will get you over the learning curve where most beginners fail because it takes away all the pain and soreness. To read more about Zager custom guitars go to Ebay Zager Guitars Follow this link for reviews: guitarreview.net/reviews.php Zager custom guitars rate in the top 2% of all guitars made today."

• 2 weeks later...

wow , that's a bunch of Bull from that man .

you think Martin wouldn't have pounced on that tecnology if it was so good ? .

I mean I think **** Boak or Ren know how to build guitars .

Just because Steven Seagal plays one I'm not buying it .

plus I wouldn't want zager on my headstock .

If I were to get something custom made it would be from Santa Cruz or Froggy Bottom .

I mean hell Richard Hoover or Michael Millard know more than this clown

JC

I have, for some reason, read about/experienced a lot of BS the past couple days.

I went to the site, and it is ALL just a bunch of BS and crap. Pure sales, NO substance.

There is NO special technology or science or anything on that site or from this guy. Just a bunch of talk about something that doesn't exist, and no info about WHAT the guy is 'selling' AT ALL.

What it is he does amounts to nothing more than a 'action job' or a 'set-up'. But, sense he is basically lying about there being SOMETHING to his 'science', he doesn't even explain anything about his work in the first place.

SCAM ARTIST.

I'm not saying there isn't a lot of bull being flung in all the promo stuff, but about a year ago I actually played a little Zager acoustic guitar with a solid top in a second hand shop. The playability was quite good, as was the tone.

I'm not saying there isn't a lot of bull being flung in all the promo stuff, but about a year ago I actually played a little Zager acoustic guitar with a solid top in a second hand shop. The playability was quite good, as was the tone.

Would you say it was a 150-250$ guitar? Or would you say it was a 600$ guitar?

I just checked some of the photos of his guitars for sale.

On all the labels, there is another smaller label stuck over the bottom part of the first label.

I'm guessing that is where the label says "MADE IN _____". And I don't think it says USA or anywhere near where he resides.

Archived