Gibson Brands Forums

my latest invention, THE PORTABLE TV AMP

FenderGuy1

Thank you, i'm gonna buy old televisions off ebay, and hook a 3'5mm to RCA cable with a 6'5mm adapter up to my multi effects pedal, and then plug the guitar into the pedal, and voila, the TV Amp

it can be done on a portable TV, you can plug only the guitar in and get a Tweed Champ style sound

I dig your style! Just please be careful with those tube TV's, there's enough voltage in there to kill you dead.

Mister Natural, I just KNEW I wasn't barking up the wrong tree!!! That's one hot toaster. BTW, "Just passing thru" is always a good way to be!!

I have this one with 3 hot toasters. No, it's not a copy neither!!! YeeeHaw.

I agree with Mark tho Fender!! I've been hit by about everything in one in my past and you can get the old ticker totally stopped by the live voltage in one. Be careful and the trick we learned was this. When working on things electric (even unplugged) keep one hand stuck in your pocket and work with the other. You can't ground a path thru your heart that way. BTW, the CRT will hold a 15Kv-25Kv (that's 15,000 volt DC or better!) charge for over a week. The filter caps in the power supplies on amps & TV's will lay you to waste as well if you don't discharge them too. [scared]

Aster

325Bridge.jpg

@ Aster 1 : Now that's absolutely the best toasters that you can get and one like that or a '64 style 360/12 are the next guits on my list,if that is your guitar I have to say that you have impeccable taste,of course by posting it shows that you have impeccable taste anyway.

Archived