Gibson Brands Forums

My first electric guitar !

kristof_w

Hi guys,

I've had my new guitar for 2 weeks already, and I've finally found some time to take some pictures and put them on here.

I was informing about one of these at some local stores, and they told me they had just one left in The Netherlands.

It was exactly the right color, so I told them I really wanted to try one, and they let it come over to Belgium.

I was very impressed by the guitar, so I decided to buy it.

I also bought a Vox VT20+ to go with it.

So here it is, my new Epiphone Les Paul Tribute Plus:

p1020125h.th.jpg

p1020122c.th.jpg

p1020119o.th.jpg

p1020118o.th.jpg

p1020113x.th.jpg

p1020102i.th.jpg

That is a GORGEOUS guitar Kristof! Absolutely love that flame top.

One of the nicest looking LPs I've laid my eyes on. [thumbup]

Thanks ! It really is incredibly beautiful, but it's very hard to get the colors right on camera. The gradient is a bit less red than in the pictures, and the orange is a bit more brownish/orange.

From what I can tell, the sound is pretty awesome, I couldn't be happier with it !

By the way, if anyone knows what settings I should use for the first Knocking On Heavens Door solo, let me know :P

Thanks ! It really is incredibly beautiful, but it's very hard to get the colors right on camera. The gradient is a bit less red than in the pictures, and the orange is a bit more brownish/orange.

From what I can tell, the sound is pretty awesome, I couldn't be happier with it !

By the way, if anyone knows what settings I should use for the first Knocking On Heavens Door solo, let me know :P

I haven't used my Vox amps in over a year......Can't help you there.....But, you'll need a top hat, a bottle of JD, and a lit cigarette

in order to nail that first solo........Neck PU, tone control rolled off a bit, and a proud swagger...........[flapper] :unsure: [smile] .........

Dang, your giving me GAS. That is a really nice outfit you have. I have the VT30 model. Check out Try the 2x12 tweed and add the chorus/delay to taste. At least that's a great setting for Berlin's "Take my Breath Away".

Archived