Gibson Brands Forums

buckets of rain

blindboygrunt

hi peoples , inspired by a new capo and flatbaroque with his open tunings i put the guitar into open D , capoed to E and started to realise i'd forgot a lot of the old blues stuff i used to know , but a lot of blood on the tracks came back in a flash , so i made a little video. hope ya don't hate it

Awesome mate.Great picking and tone.That was a very cool version of a cool song.Got to love Blood on the Tracks...I had a vinyl bootleg of some of the early sessions..called San Joaquim something or other..pretty much just him and his guitar in open D.Sorry I lost it along the way.

I wonder what made Bob hit on open D to make most of that album.Whatever...it was inspired.

Awesome mate.Great picking and tone.That was a very cool version of a cool song.Got to love Blood on the Tracks...I had a vinyl bootleg of some of the early sessions..called San Joaquim something or other..pretty much just him and his guitar in open D.Sorry I lost it along the way.

I wonder what made Bob hit on open D to make most of that album.Whatever...it was inspired.

i have 'blood on the tapes' sounds like your description . one of the best albums ever IMO .

ah god i'm abbreviating now .

thanks for the kind words

My daughter is living in Germany for a year, working as a photographer.She rang me the other day and told me she has bought tickets to see Bob at an outdoor concert in Berlin.Like father like daughter haha. Pity it will be croaky old Bob....but it will still be fun...I saw him last year in Sydney and whilst a bit rough in places it had many highs in the show.He did a blistering Ballad of a Thin Man.

Nice!

Have ot agree that Blood on the Tracks is a great album. It's a toss-up between it and Nashville Skyline as favorites from his Bobness. Really like the picking and your rendition is great listening! thanks for sharing!

willy

you guys !! gee you're all very kind .

i'm slightly baffled by this video .. i have 5 or 6 videos on youtube . all views of 50 or 60 , watched by you poor bast@rds i would guess because they were recorded specifically to annoy people in the forum .and i dont tell anyone else about them

this buckets of rain , in the two days its uploaded has now 130 views ... all i can think of is its short and the video has to play to the end to register a 'view' on youtube and ya'll got bored halfway through the others . i'm not wanting to be justin beiber ,but i'm intrigued . anyone know how youtube views works ?

you guys !! gee you're all very kind .

i'm slightly baffled by this video .. i have 5 or 6 videos on youtube . all views of 50 or 60 , watched by you poor bast@rds i would guess because they were recorded specifically to annoy people in the forum .and i dont tell anyone else about them

this buckets of rain , in the two days its uploaded has now 130 views ... all i can think of is its short and the video has to play to the end to register a 'view' on youtube and ya'll got bored halfway through the others . i'm not wanting to be justin beiber ,but i'm intrigued . anyone know how youtube views works ?

Mate you've gone viral.Class will out! To get even more hits ,post on the AGF and call your song "Tears in Heaven Fingerstyle Cover with Extra Tapping"... [rolleyes]....yea not sure how it works but I know there is one bastidd that always gives me a dislike..haha

Archived