Gibson Brands Forums

Rescued a Uke!

JDK

Recently we had some severe weather come through our area and do pretty significant damage to the city. During the ordeal, the in laws basement started to flood, however this little gem we took home for "safe keeping." It is hard to date since there is no S/N, but seems to be from the post WWII years to about 1960.

MartinUke.jpg

MartinUke2.jpg

Ukes are cool. Easy to play. Don't let it just lay there. Put it to use. [thumbup][thumbup]

I am already starting to learn the chords. Definetely a bad *** little uke, and I love the family history of it! It's one of my fav's for sure! It does need a cleanup and a little TLC.

Cool Uke,what I didnt expect to see was the Martin name on the headstock.It could be worth some bucks but better than money it could sound great and be well worth keeping and playing the hell out of.About a year ago someone posted a you tube of a guy playing While my guitar gently weeps on a Uke,I'm not sure if this is the same guy I had seen but none the less he's dam good,give him a look i didnt know ukes could sound that good.

Cool Uke,what I didnt expect to see was the Martin name on the headstock.It could be worth some bucks but better than money it could sound great and be well worth keeping and playing the hell out of.

Yes, it is a keeper! And the guy in the video you posted is very talented! The Uke is not as easy to play as a six string for sure.

Cool Uke,what I didnt expect to see was the Martin name on the headstock.It could be worth some bucks but better than money it could sound great and be well worth keeping and playing the hell out of.About a year ago someone posted a you tube of a guy playing While my guitar gently weeps on a Uke,I'm not sure if this is the same guy I had seen but none the less he's dam good,give him a look i didnt know ukes could sound that good.

Nice Uke, I started on them before guitars but haven't picked one up in years.

He's another one by the same player:

Archived