Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Custom???

Silverbursted

Wow, this was amazing, it's a hollow body (not the LP Standard hollow body), but what a screamer, only thing is I don't know what the hell it is. Any help would be appreciated.

IMG_1196.jpg

Played with this and a few other PRIME guitars at the Hollywood GC on Sunset. What an experience it was going to Guitar Mecca. Had a great time, while waiting to go to the Motley Crue show at the Palladium. It took 2 full days to get my hearing back. I'm getting too old for this, but what an awesome show.

Johnny A's signature models have lots of unique features - he points out that it's much much more than just a CS336 with florentine cutaways - instead it has a long scale length, completely hollow (no center block), carved solid wood back with flat inside, '57 Classics, nasty figure in the top, funky inlays, gold hardware. I saw him play one with a transparent black finish on the quilted maple top and a goldtop finish but only on the back. And not all of them come with Bigsbies (how do you make Bigsby plural - Bigsbae?)

Wow' date=' this was amazing, it's a hollow body (not the LP Standard hollow body), but what a screamer, only thing is I don't know what the hell it is. Any help would be appreciated.

[img']http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj111/Silverbursted/IMG_1196.jpg[/img]

Played with this and a few other PRIME guitars at the Hollywood GC on Sunset. What an experience it was going to Guitar Mecca. Had a great time, while waiting to go to the Motley Crue show at the Palladium. It took 2 full days to get my hearing back. I'm getting too old for this, but what an awesome show.

Thats a cool looking guitar.

Kinda reminds my of a holowbody sg with its shape.Wonder why there aren't more of them around or they aren't more popular.

I saw one in Boston last time I was home... I think it was around $3000.... What were they selling it for there?

I want to say it was on the north side of $4500' date=' but I'm not sure.

LOVE the colour of it!!!!!!!!!

I went past GC on Sunset Blvd last week and it looked huge!! What's it like inside.?..I didnt get time to visit it..

Flight959

You missed out my brother; I'm not normally a GC fan, but this was worth the trip, if not just for the Platinum Room alone. And I gave myself sufficient time before going to the Motley Crue show just down the street.

It sounded as good as it looks. I was honestly surprised that it did not sound all "country". Going through the Marshall they conveniently had set up' date=' it was very "metal" although a bit darker than a Les Paul. Great tone and feel, I think I'm gassing for an ES. [/quote']

Yeah me too. I came very close to getting the Lifeson Signature ES-355 but decided against when I heard about the volute issue. I got my Premium Plus instead. My next one will be an ES-335 though.

Archived