Gibson Brands Forums

Which is the better LP?

20_Gauge

I plan to get an Epi LP by the end of the year, I'm buying a Squier Tele first. The 2 LPs I really like are the LP 100 & the LP Standard.

I really want an LP & can't justify myself forkin' out over a grand on a Gibson for a hobby.

So which LP is a better guitar?

Thanks for the reply, Laser.

I'm big in Country Music & love the twang of a Tele. Planning to get a Gibson(prob'ly a Melody Maker) down the road but really want to avoid payin' over $500. Really like the style & look of LPs & would love to have one in my arsenal & w/ the lower prices of Epi LPs, those are more in my price range. That is if they're quality guitars.

This is just a hobby for me, just somethin' I do to relax & have fun.

I plan to get an Epi LP by the end of the year, I'm buying a Squier Tele first. The 2 LPs I really like are the LP 100 & the LP Standard.

I really want an LP & can't justify myself forkin' out over a grand on a Gibson for a hobby.

So which LP is a better guitar?

Neither. Studio. Worn finish. Dollar-for dollar, as they say...

I would say the Les Paul Tribute Plus is the way to go. It comes stock with the Gibson 57 CLassic and 57 CLassic Plus picks and Mallory-150 tone capacitors. Like the Standard it also has the push pull pots. Plus you also get a case with the guitar. It cost $100 more but I think it's worth the extra money.

Neither. Studio. Worn finish. Dollar-for dollar, as they say...

Oh I forgot about the Studio. Thanks for recommending it, bloozeguy.

The Studio just jumped to the top of the list. Plus, that worn brown finish looks really sharp!

I would say the Les Paul Tribute Plus is the way to go. It comes stock with the Gibson 57 CLassic and 57 CLassic Plus picks and Mallory-150 tone capacitors. Like the Standard it also has the push pull pots. Plus you also get a case with the guitar. It cost $100 more but I think it's worth the extra money.

Thanks for the suggestion, GPN. I'll definitely check it out.

Just got done reading reviews(on ultimate-guitar.com) of the Les Paul Studio & I'm sold! A couple of the reviewers even prefer it over the Gibson model, really surprised by that.

I really like the Worn Brown finish but only been able to find "manufacturer refurbished" or "used" models on eBay & Amazon. Anybody ever bought a refurbishe Electric, would you recommend goin' that route(over buyin' new) to save $$?

Does anybody know where I could get a new Worn Brown Studio?

I love my original LP which is the studio model. I like mu ultra and plustop pro as well but the studio is my go-to every situation guitar

Thanks for the input, Billy.

I've had my eye on the Worn Brown(love the look of this finish) LP Studio for awhile & hearing the positive replies about this LP have sold me. I definitely plan to get the Studio 'cause I want at least 1 LP in my arsenal.

I meant Korina Traditional Pro, I believe it was only available at GC. I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong about that.

Nope ... you are completely correct, sir. I have one of them too, and it is one tremendous "bang-for-the-buck" as is the entire Trad Pro line. The only problem is finding them any more!

Jim

EpiphoneTraditionalProKorina06.jpg

Archived