Gibson Brands Forums

And now for something completely different

daveinspain

Hey Dave

I've never been a fan of Gibson double cuts with the exception of this guitar and a Johnny A.

Gonna get one?

I love the looks of that guitar, I don't see me buying one though unless I play one and I just have to have it. [rolleyes]

Guest farnsbarns

I like the looks.

I see it has a richlite fretboard - anyone know how well a synthetic like richlite takes a refret?

Local luthier here says refretting wont be possible, new fingerboard he says.

Guest farnsbarns

Never let him touch any of your guitars again.

Ha, I never have actually, I don't use him, the other guitarist in the band does though. In fairness I don't think he's seen richlite at the time and was going by the description. I take it from your response that you otherwise.

Ha, I never have actually, I don't use him, the other guitarist in the band does though. In fairness I don't think he's seen richlite at the time and was going by the description. I take it from your response that you otherwise.

Yea, I have 3 basses with plastic fretboards. If you know how to refret there isn;t any difference. Plus they look fantastic! [thumbup]

Guest farnsbarns

IMHO it's Fugly.

Glad I'm not the only one. To me it looks very 80s and very Ibanez. Beauty is in the eye and all that.

Archived