Gibson Brands Forums

Orange Micro Terror

CoreyT

Now I have seen the Tiny Terror, Tiny Dark Terror, and the Jim Root #4 Terror on YouTube, and they got between $600 and $700.

I stopped by my local music store today around lunch time coming back from one site, and he had the #4 there I was checking it out, and he showed me a teeny tiny thing called the Micro.

It is a 20 watt head with one tube and the rest solid state, and so tiny looking.

$150 for it, I am tempted to get it for my Carvin 2x12 cabinet that I got with my Carvin V3M head.

I do not use the 2x12 anymore, as I have a Carvin 4x12 cabinet for the V3M.

Anyone check out the Micro Terror yet?

I am tempted, and at the 6 minute mark, he is running it through a 4x12.

Of course its 20 watts is no match for the 15/7 watt all tube amp Tiny line mentioned above.

Excellent! I read a killer review of that thing too. I need something small to leave at school. The Special 6 head I've been using sounds great, but it's about 10 times the size of that little beast. Might have to check one out. [thumbup]

I enjoy those guy's videos too, I have watched quite a few.

I may stop in tomorrow on my way back to my main job site again and pick up that little sucker.

Not that I need another amp, the Carvin V3M is a very nice amp, and the Fender Mustang One is pretty cool, but I always wanted some Orange Juice too :D

PS, link.

http://www.orangeamps.com/micro-terror/

I have been looking at more videos, and I will for sure be picking one up today, unless the local store ran out of them.

They only had two left yesterday.

I do not think it comes with a cable to hook it to a cabinet, so I will have to remember to get one of those too, unless a spare guitar cable works just as good.

I had to watch the above video again, those two certainly always look like they are having fun when they make a video.

I do not think it comes with a cable to hook it to a cabinet, so I will have to remember to get one of those too, unless a spare guitar cable works just as good.

Hey Corey, Speaker cables have to be unshielded. So do make it a point to pick one up.

Enjoy the amp, I'm sure it will be a fun friday night for ya!

Cheers.

/KB

Hey Corey, Speaker cables have to be unshielded. So do make it a point to pick one up.

Enjoy the amp, I'm sure it will be a fun friday night for ya!

Cheers.

/KB

Thanks, I thought there might be a difference, and will pick one up for sure.

This shop is a big PRS dealer too, got my SE Santana from there.

Will try to get pics tonight if he has one left.

Quite a few videos of the little unit on YouTube.

Sounds much better via 2x12 or 4x12 than that little optional 1x8 Orange cabinet.

Thanks, I thought there might be a difference, and will pick one up for sure.

This shop is a big PRS dealer too, got my SE Santana from there.

Will try to get pics tonight if he has one left.

Quite a few videos of the little unit on YouTube.

Sounds much better via 2x12 or 4x12 than that little optional 1x8 Orange cabinet.

Right, so for the cables, they are designed for totally different uses. the guitar cable has no load on it, it's all passive, the speaker cable will carry a load to the speakers - see this link, it will explain.

http://www.fender.com/news/index.php?display_article=458

So I just watched the Video, those guys are a hoot. I love the intro, LOL!

But I agree, the thing to do would be to drive at least a 1x12 or 2x12 with it.

Sounds really amazing. Good luck Corey..

Right, so for the cables, they are designed for totally different uses. the guitar cable has no load on it, it's all passive, the speaker cable will carry a load to the speakers - see this link, it will explain.

http://www.fender.com/news/index.php?display_article=458

So I just watched the Video, those guys are a hoot. I love the intro, LOL!

But I agree, the thing to do would be to drive at least a 1x12 or 2x12 with it.

Sounds really amazing. Good luck Corey..

Thanks for the Fender link explaining it.

I got the amp and a 3' 16 gauge cable.

He had a 12 gauge too, but said the 16 gauge would be fine for the small amp.

Still at work for awhile, will get it setup later.

Sounds great! thank you for posting the video.

You are welcome.

NAD

Man, this thing is tiny and weighs hardly anything!

When Skip the owner of A Sharp Music handed the box to me when I was ready to leave, I thought it was empty :D

Also picked up a Quantum SC16-3' 16 gauge Speaker Cable.

Quantums website only has a PDF product guide there, so here is the cable at another site.

http://www.massstreetmusic.com/store/show_item/4462

Here are a few pics showing how small it is compared to the pedals on my pedal board.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Smaller than a six pack of Tropicana orange juice.

Scary guitar strap 'eh?

3.jpg

My Droid Bionic cell phone is taller.

4.jpg

Picked up a guitar chord chart from the store too.

The red glow on it is the red LEDs emitting from the back of the Carvin V3M head.

The V3M head is also puny compared to a full side amp head like a Marshall, and the V3M dwarfs the little Orange Micro head.

5.jpg

It sounds very nice through my Carvin 2x12 cabinet, but I did not get much time to play it tonight.

Will have more time over the weekend.

Archived