Gibson Brands Forums

It says Gibson.......

J-200 Koa

Just the title has changed. In the description, the brand is still listed as Gibson.

-- Bob R

And some people may actually believe it....

We seem to see a lot of fake Gibsons. Are there similar knock-offs of Martins? If not, what does it all mean.....?

Are Gibsons easier to fake because of the wide array of models, characteristics, and finishes over the years, or what? I know I've been fooled by a couple of the examples shown here over the years, particularly for models that I've never owned or handled, and whose characteristics I don't fully appreciate.

It has been an education. Thanks to all who have contributed to it.

And some people may actually believe it....

We seem to see a lot of fake Gibsons. Are there similar knock-offs of Martins? If not, what does it all mean.....?

Are Gibsons easier to fake because of the wide a

els, characteristics, and finishes over the years, or what? I know I've been fooled by a couple of the examples shown here over the years, particularly for models that I've never owned or handled, and whose characteristics I don't fully appreciate.

It has been an education. Thanks to all who have contributed to it.

There are a lot of fake Martins, too. They pop up regularly on the Martin board for discussion of what's fake about them. If anything Martins might be easier to fake because there are so many cheap copies already out there, although I don't know the number and am just speculating on that point.

Archived