Gibson Brands Forums

Just Ordered My First Gibson

Canadian_Charlie

I've always wanted a Gibson Les Paul ever since I started playing when I was 14 back in 1979 and yesterday I ordered one. I'm getting one for my 48th Birthday in a few weeks time, a gift from me to myself. Its a Les Paul Studio in a Fireburst finish, plus I also ordered 2 sets of DiMarzio Super Distortion pick ups for it. I really wanted a Standard but they are a bit more expensive so went for the Studio.

I'll post picks when it arrives next week.

This is my third Les Paul, my first being a Granada Les Paul (by Aria) that I got in 79 and my Epiphone which I got 4 years ago

Glad to be here

Welcome Charlie! That Fireburst model is one of the nicest LPs available. Never mind it's "just" a Studio - just as good as a Standard. It's body is without binding - purely an aestetical difference. Cheers... Bence

Yeah the Fireburst is beautiful and I really wanted one but at just under £1000 it is out of my price range for now. Maybe for my 48th b/day in a couple of years time I will induldge myself

Anyway I just poked my toe in to the Gibson waters with this lovely Satin Studio Worn brown with a lovely looking cap on it for £400 so I am happy. I collect her tomorrow

th_gibwb1.jpg

th_gibwb2.jpg

th_gibwb3.jpg

th_gibwb4.jpg

th_gibwb5.jpg

th_gibwb6.jpg

Wow! Nice top! Lovely guitar! Wish it was still made with mahogany cap. I'm in lust with the LP Traditional Mahogany Satin Brown, but I don't have money for it right now. This could be great substitute for it. Nice wood, great pickups, excellent value. Congratulations! Cheers... Bence [thumbup]

Archived