Gibson Brands Forums

Ashley MacIsaac - What An Idiot He Is

Searcy

Even though MacIsaac is an incredible talent,his enormous ego and even bigger mouth have always turned me off.I didn't watch the video that you posted because I simply can't listen to the arrogant jerk for any more than 10 seconds and even that can prove to be excessive most of the time.

Even though MacIsaac is an incredible talent,his enormous ego and even bigger mouth have always turned me off.I didn't watch the video that you posted because I simply can't listen to the arrogant jerk for any more than 10 seconds and even that can prove to be excessive most of the time.

Well thanks for sharing. I've honestly never sat and talked to MacIsaac. I just listen to music. I will say that if you rule out people based on arrogance you must not listen to much music as every rock star I have ever met has been an arrogant ***. Well, accept Mike Watt.

I bought the album the ween it came out and have always loved it.

Searcy,I believe you kind of missed the meaning of my post,I didn't watch the video that was posted because I figured it was an interview and from past experience of listening to interviews with him, I have found that he is too profane and patronizing for my liking.I do listen to his music and find it very innovative,refreshing and entertaining and he's one of the few from the Celtic type genre-aside from Rawlins Cross-that I can listen to.It's his attitude not his music that turns me off.

Once upon a time, my upstairs neighbor was Sun Ra's guitar player, and he made liquid LSD.

Having said that, MacIsaac's tune sounded kinda generic to me. Not terribly psychedelic, in particular.

A lot of the music that came out of the 90's Psychedelic Scene wasn't very Psychedelic at all. Just listen to Phish or Dave Mathews. Very acoustic, worldly, and quirky.

Archived