Gibson Brands Forums

Buddy Miller

aerohead

Buddy is my favorite player(and one of my favorite singers!!). He normally plays a Wandre and Fender acoustic, but I've seen him with a SG, Les Paul, and Southern Jumbo too. He'd make a broomstick and rubber band sound good though [biggrin]

I love that shape of guitar (00)...

I had a chance to order one from the Custom Shoppe of Martin..but I come from the era that THE acoustic guitar shape was the dreadnaught..

& though I really dont like the dreadnaught shape..I like the sound. So I didn't take the chance and went for a D42 instead of a 0042

I may never buy another acoustic guitar again but one of the 3, id like, is one of those.

I liked the video..thanks

Buddy is my favorite player(and one of my favorite singers!!). He normally plays a Wandre and Fender acoustic, but I've seen him with a SG, Les Paul, and Southern Jumbo too. He'd make a broomstick and rubber band sound good though [biggrin]

+1. Everything Buddy touches or is involved with is golden! His wife is a Jewel too! Pun intended. Lol!

I can't get enough of this guy -- his vocals as much as his playing. I went to see Emmylou Harris last week in Virginia, and while she was great, I was so bummed that Buddy wasn't there. Emmylou can sing the heck out of a duet with anyone, but I feel like she and Buddy are one of the best combos around. (Emmy doing Angel from Montgomery with John Prine helped make up for it though!) [smile]

I can't get enough of this guy -- his vocals as much as his playing. I went to see Emmylou Harris last week in Virginia, and while she was great, I was so bummed that Buddy wasn't there. Emmylou can sing the heck out of a duet with anyone, but I feel like she and Buddy are one of the best combos around. (Emmy doing Angel from Montgomery with John Prine helped make up for it though!) [smile]

Indeed! Buddy and Emmylou are a great combo, but for me it's a toss up between them and Buddy with the McCreary sisters. I've been lucky to get to see him play with tons of folks(Plant, Fogerty, Emmylou, Levon, Greg Allman..the list goes on and on). He always sounds like Buddy, and always fits right in.

Archived