Gibson Brands Forums

My New ES 330L

Cap6000

I just bought this ES 330L. Long & McQuade said it is the last one in Canada and they are no longer being made. I guess the VOS model has replaced it. I have wanted a ES 330 for a long time so I cannot begin to say how stoked I am. I added a Bigsby B7 and changed out the Strings to 11's. Tuning is very stable and intonation is spot on.

post-43447-054836600 1349805284_thumb.jpg

post-43447-039313200 1349805299_thumb.jpg

post-43447-037751300 1349805313_thumb.jpg

I thought it went without saying...

But anyway, as if it isn't plainly obvious: There are FEW guitars or TYPES of guitars that are as great as a full hollow, P90's, AND thinline with the neck and shape of a 335.

Add a bigsby to THAT, and you have what amounts to the best of everything in one axe. It not only makes a guitar with as much balls as any guitar, but also demostrates balls of a certain stature of one who would mount a bigsby on such a guitar.

To me, this is what justifies and explains what exactly is the true meaning of the name on the headstock.

Thanks for the replies. I don't know if adding a Bigsby b7 to my ES 330 took balls or not, but I added it within a hour of getting it home. I learned to play when I was a kid in the sixties when hollow body guitars with bigsby's were not uncommon at all. Back then My first guitar was a japanies made hollowbody with a tremolo arm that was over a foot long. I packed that guitar everywhere for the next 10 years. To say it was the one thing I owned that meant everything to me would be an understatement. Today I m pushing sixty years old and have owned and still own many different guitars but the ES330 is like welcoming back an old friend. There is just nothing else quite like it and yes it just had to have a Bigsby to be complete. The Les Paul and Strat will be lonely for a while I am happily getting requainted with an old friend. Fantastic guitar.

Beautiful guitar. I've been sitting at my computer with my finger hovering over the order button to buy a similar one online but being a student makes guitar buying hard and I haven't had the nerve to pull the trigger. A cherry red '65 330 with the chrome P-90s is my dream guitar. Hope yours sounds as good as it looks.

• 1 month later...

I just bought this ES 330L. Long & McQuade said it is the last one in Canada and they are no longer being made. I guess the VOS model has replaced it. I have wanted a ES 330 for a long time so I cannot begin to say how stoked I am. I added a Bigsby B7 and changed out the Strings to 11's. Tuning is very stable and intonation is spot on.

Beautiful guitar! I got a red 330-L and truly love it. I've never seen the ES-330L truss rod cover before. Yours looks really nice.

Congrats!

-B

Archived