Gibson Brands Forums

Hendrix in the west-Johnny B Goode

10K-DB

Yea,,this is inspiring for sure. Check out the "Hendrix in the west" album,,its all live shows from the west coast in 72? I think. He was not of this world.

72? He died in 70 didnt he? (or did you mean it was released in 72?

This is one of my fave clips when hes playing Hey Joe and then goes into Sunshine of your Love without telling anyone he was gonna do it.

This is energy,in its purest form.Me and my older brother used to listen to this album till we wore the grooves out on it. The wailing feedback he gets from his strat,with SINGLE coil pickups,blows me away,even today. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2BdQj0eSzU&feature=related

This video is from Hendrix In The West and it is amazing how he does not feedback uncontrolably with all those Marshall stacks behind him. Players today use them as backdrop and they are not really being used. Not back then.

His version of Red House on this album is by his best.

72? He died in 70 didnt he? (or did you mean it was released in 72?

This is one of my fave clips when hes playing Hey Joe and then goes into Sunshine of your Love without telling anyone he was gonna do it.

Yea Im not sure when JB Goode was released,,I was a young rascal when it came out,Im sure if you googled it we could find out. What I like most about this{JB goode} performance is he seems really "happy",,smiling while playing ect. AND his strat held in tune great! LOL Alot of his vids he seems to pre-occupied with whatever,maybe even concerned about stuff. But this one{JB goode} hes really "up" and thats the way I want to remember him. This version of "Hey Joe is great also never seen this one. I love the guy,as many do also.

This video is from Hendrix In The West and it is amazing how he does not feedback uncontrolably with all those Marshall stacks behind him. Players today use them as backdrop and they are not really being used. Not back then.

His version of Red House on this album is by his best.

I think Jimi used "feedback" from his marshalls as "additional" tools/instuments as part of his overall delivery. hes the master of that technique.

Archived