Gibson Brands Forums

Lessons Of Life

kidblast

Please don't get mad when I say this...the singer reminds me of Bon Jovi IN A GOOD WAY.

Nice track. The intro made me think of Terms of Endearment.

I like how the harmonica showed up. I was like, "oh hey! How you doing?"

Really nice. What did you use to record it?

I guess I'm the only one who didn't think the piano intro was too long, but then again I am a piano player first then a guitar player. The guitar solo could have been shorter though. [lol] I liked it.

Thanks for the comments everyone, I appreciate the feedback.

Izzy, There is no offense taken, Bill does have some of Jon Bon Jovi's vibe, no doubt about it.

Rocket, We recorded three tracks in a studio that my son runs, and it was all recorded with pro-tools (real nice studio, going back for more in a few months). For some of the gory guitar details, they we're all recorded direct using Amplitude, then we re-amped everything with a radial re-amp device going back to an actual amp. (the plugins were good to get the basic tracks down, but they didn't sound as good as micing the amps.) Amps used, Marshall JTM60212, GA30RVS, HR Deville 4x10 on this track, there was probably 8 guitar layers. Rythm guitars were done with a Les Paul standard / Marshall, solo was tracked with a strat / Marshall.

Thanks again mates.

We have more, I'll post em later.

Archived