Gibson Brands Forums

blindboygrunt's sunday video

blindboygrunt

Oh classy performance BBG, liked that a lot. The vocals sounded great, especially once you kicked into gear, the J-45 was the perfect tool for the job.

I hereby pronounce yourself, Del and FB as the official three kings of the Gibon Acoustic Forum laid back, folky blues type thngie songs. [thumbup]

btw: you're getting really good as a lefthander ... [biggrin]

Your aim was true! What a great song and done justice by another fine BBG Sundayification. [thumbup] And I agree with Dan -that southpaw i Phone does a good job too.

What did you end up calling the Doggie? Sorry if you've posted that and I missed it.I think at one stage you were naming him after a Batman villian "The Piddler"

Good one BB

I had to listen to it over the course of the day a few times to get it... ( I still haven't got into Costello :) )

I think your a very good guitarist.. which don;t think I've said before..you have a good style..very minimal sometimes..but deceiving cos quite technical too .. and lots of soul

If i was to giv constructive criticism..I would say..I don't think that key suited your voice so well in parts.. I would try it in another key maybe. ? .even capo on the first fret..( tho I'd prob try it capod at 3rd ) its funny how just a slight change of key can make you sing more in your own voice rather than aiming for what you hear in your head

if that makes sense ?... anyway good one..looking quite dapper there in sunday best too heheh [thumbup]

thanks MO pearl .

cheers del , you're no slouch in the guitaring yourself so thats nice coming from you...

the singing is another matter ... my voice isnt exactly a classically trained one :-s and i always ....struggle is maybe too strong a word , but have trouble with staying in key .... i messed around with a capo for a while and settled there first fret with guitar tuned down flat .... i'll mess about more later after work maybe ... somedays i can get a but higher some days doesnt seem to be there ... havent had a lot of gigs so my voice hasnt been excersised much in the past while ... but i regularly move capo positions up and down a fret for songs depending on how capable i am ..... have been a weekend player for too long and its beginnning to show :-)

i appreciate all advice , so thanks :)

thanks MO pearl .

cheers del , you're no slouch in the guitaring yourself so thats nice coming from you...

the singing is another matter ... my voice isnt exactly a classically trained one :-s and i always ....struggle is maybe too strong a word , but have trouble with staying in key .... i messed around with a capo for a while and settled there first fret with guitar tuned down flat .... i'll mess about more later after work maybe ... somedays i can get a but higher some days doesnt seem to be there ... havent had a lot of gigs so my voice hasnt been excersised much in the past while ... but i regularly move capo positions up and down a fret for songs depending on how capable i am ..... have been a weekend player for too long and its beginnning to show :-)

i appreciate all advice , so thanks :)

I'll trade you some in-key for some of your character... Not sure it matters when you're off key.

Archived