Gibson Brands Forums

Dirty Fingers Impressions.

Kennis

I've had a wide variety of Gibson and other makers' vintage'ey PAF replicas across my guitars, and I'm looking for something a little different.

I have my eye on picking up an early '80s Dirty Fingers on eBay, and I'm curious if anyone here can tell me a little about them.

Thank you.

I've had a wide variety of Gibson and other makers' vintage'ey PAF replicas across my guitars, and I'm looking for something a little different.

I have my eye on picking up an early '80s Dirty Fingers on eBay, and I'm curious if anyone here can tell me a little about them.

Thank you.

what do you want to know?

I have them in my '81 Sonex. They scream! I'd use them with heavy distortion for that loud sound. You won't get much of a soft blues tone from them but then again they ain't built for that.

For lack of a better recording, here's some from when we were 16 years old. We stunk back then [thumbdn], (I'm embarrassed to put them up here) but you get the sense of what Dirty Fingers sound like. The pickups are really easy to get those pinch harmonics out. I don't remember the amp I used (sorry).

File "06 You Really Got me.m4a"

File "05 La Villa Strangiato.m4a"

I have them in my '81 Sonex. They scream! I'd use them with heavy distortion for that loud sound. You won't get much of a soft blues tone from them but then again they ain't built for that.

For lack of a better recording, here's some from when we were 16 years old. We stunk back then [thumbdn], (I'm embarrassed to put them up here) but you get the sense of what Dirty Fingers sound like. The pickups are really easy to get those pinch harmonics out. I don't remember the amp I used (sorry).

File "06 You Really Got me.m4a"

File "05 La Villa Strangiato.m4a"

Thanks! that pretty much exactly the information I was looking for.

And don't be embarrassed, those recordings sounds great. The guitar sounds tells me I'm on the right track.

Appreciated.

Archived