Gibson Brands Forums

L-00TV

CAMELEYE

In my almost fruitless search for a used Blues King ( in mahogany, though not an absolute deal breaker), I have come across the somewhat elusive L-00TV, which I understand is a fairly recent addition to the BK/L-00 line. Apparently this particular model sports a 1 3/4" neck, adi top and hog body with no internal pu. I couldn't have written better the specs for this if Ren had called me up one night and said, " Jim, what exactly are you looking for in an L-00?" Now, these have been on the market (behind my back apparently, though I bear no grudges toward anyone associated with Gibson or on this Forum) for some time now and I was wondering if any of you out there have this model, or have any experiences with said model that you would like to share here on this wonderful Forum. Much obliged and thanks in advance, Ce.

Played one and thought it was really nice. I ended up buying (impulsively)a Huss & Dalton Crossroads L-00. Both are great for fingerpicking some blues. Guitar Center in cherry Hill, NJ has a used one last time I checked, at a great price.

The H&D Xroads got a good write up in Acoustic Guitar Magazine - said it was a bit of a T model ford built by Lexus...

http://www.acguitar.com/article/default.aspx?ArticleID=28299

BluesKing777.

In my almost fruitless search for a used Blues King ( in mahogany, though not an absolute deal breaker), I have come across the somewhat elusive L-00TV, which I understand is a fairly recent addition to the BK/L-00 line. Apparently this particular model sports a 1 3/4" neck, adi top and hog body with no internal pu. I couldn't have written better the specs for this if Ren had called me up one night and said, " Jim, what exactly are you looking for in an L-00?" Now, these have been on the market (behind my back apparently, though I bear no grudges toward anyone associated with Gibson or on this Forum) for some time now and I was wondering if any of you out there have this model, or have any experiences with said model that you would like to share here on this wonderful Forum. Much obliged and thanks in advance, Ce.

I know there are one or two of those owned by people here. The specs looks awfully close to those of the L-OO Legend, but for a lot less money. I do love my Legend, by the way, but the TV looks like a great alternative to me.

CE,

I indeed have one of the elusive L00TVs. I highly recommend these for blues, folk, fingerpicking and the like. Not much of a country guitar. I bought mine in March 2012 from Bailey Brothers in Birmingham and they have one more in stock. Talk to Keith at 205-271-7827. Cost was about $350 more than the Blues King. I really, I mean really, love mine.

The playability is excellent with a wider neck than the Blues King (which I have also owned and will compare here). It is typically the first guitar I reach for when I sit down to play.

The tone is very nice .... not as raw as the Blues King ... a little more mellow but still great for blues. I've found that mine is also great for flat picking fiddle tunes like Whiskey Before Breakfast or Red Haired Boy. It's also great for single note instrumentals or an instrumental break. Mine is louder than I expected but, as one would expect, not as loud as a Jumbo Gibson.

As for looks, well it's pretty plain but the TVs typically will have the stripped pickguard, plastic old style tuners and (in the case of mine) the rectangular (AJ style) bridge. Mine is quite handsome. Enlarge my avatar if you can ... that's my best pix. I'll try later to post some other pictures but having trouble with that now.

These are usually special ordered so specs will differ slightly from dealer to dealer. Here are some for mine.

Top.. Adirondack Red Spruce

Bracing Pattern .... L-00

Back and Sides .... Mahogany

Neck .... Mahogany, short scale

Fingerboard ....Rosewood

Width at nut .... 1.725 inches

Nut and Saddle .... bone

Tuner .... L00 Legend Openback 3 in line

Pickguard ... Firestripe

Pins ... White plastic

Good luck and give this little jewel serious consideration. Mine is a lifetime guitar.

CE,

I indeed have one of the elusive L00TVs. I highly recommend these for blues, folk, fingerpicking and the like. Not much of a country guitar. I bought mine in March 2012 from Bailey Brothers in Birmingham and they have one more in stock. Cost was about $350 more than the Blues King. I love mine.

The playability is excellent with a wider neck than the Blues King (which I have also owned and will compare here). It is typically the first guitar I reach for when I sit down to play.

The tone is very nice .... not as raw as the Blues King ... a little more mellow but still great for blues. I've found that mine is also great for flat picking fiddle tunes like Whiskey Before Breakfast or Red Haired Boy. It's also great for single note instrumentals or an instrumental break. Mine is louder than I expected but, as one would expect, not as loud as a Jumbo Gibson.

As for looks, well it's pretty plain but the TVs typically will have the stripped pickguard, plastic old style tuners and (in the case of mine) the rectangular (AJ style) bridge. Mine is quite handsome. Enlarge my avatar if you can ... that's my best pix. I'll try later to post some other pictures but having trouble with that now.

These are usually special ordered so specs will differ from dealer to dealer. Here are some for mine.

Top.. Adirondack Red Spruce

Bracing Pattern .... L-00

Back and Sides .... Mahogany

Neck .... Mahogany, short scale

Fingerboard ....Rosewood

Width at nut .... 1.725 inches

Nut and Saddle .... bone

Tuner .... L00 Legend Openback 3 in line

Pickguard ... Firestripe

Pins ... White plastic

Good luck and give this little jewel serious consideration. Mine is a lifetime guitar.

Thanks for that, dont suppose there is a chance of sound sample form you, would love to hear how one of these hidden gems sounds ?

JDD you've been a big help. I've dealt with Bailey Bros before. Good folks to work with.

BK, I'm checking out an H&D Crossroads early next week. They do look pretty nice.

My heartfelt, gasfueled thanks to all above. Now if I can just beat EA to the next one that shows up ....

It's funny how this keeps popping up! There is a longer thread somewhere around here where this model is well discussed. Basically, I thought that it was funny Gibson offered every body style as a TV except the L-00. I ordered one for the store based off what I thought it should be. It worked out well and they started making a few! Other stores ordered them, and here we are! It still isn't part of the regular line up and may never be. 5 Star dealers can order them, and maybe a few others. Don't let Sam Ash tell you that they invented it though. Simply not true! It IS a cool guitar though. When it was time to spec it out, I just came up with what I thought it should be...... while still coming short of an L-00 Legend. I wanted something more affordable.

The extra bit of truth? I sort of made it for myself. I decided that I wanted a custom build for myself. I had several guitars but nothing really small. Before I had them do a custom build for me, I thought I would test it out with something that we would stock in the store. This was so that I wouldn't be on the hook in case I didn't really want it. It turned out great though so I had them build one for me with a couple of extra perks as a personal favor. ;) and there it is!

PS, thank you, Cameleye!

-Keith

It's funny how this keeps popping up! There is a longer thread somewhere around here where this model is well discussed. Basically, I thought that it was funny Gibson offered every body style as a TV except the L-00. I ordered one for the store based off what I thought it should be. It worked out well and they started making a few! Other stores ordered them, and here we are! It still isn't part of the regular line up and may never be. 5 Star dealers can order them, and maybe a few others. Don't let Sam Ash tell you that they invented it though. Simply not true! It IS a cool guitar though. When it was time to spec it out, I just came up with what I thought it should be...... while still coming short of an L-00 Legend. I wanted something more affordable.

The extra bit of truth? I sort of made it for myself. I decided that I wanted a custom build for myself. I had several guitars but nothing really small. Before I had them do a custom build for me, I thought I would test it out with something that we would stock in the store. This was so that I wouldn't be on the hook in case I didn't really want it. It turned out great though so I had them build one for me with a couple of extra perks as a personal favor. ;) and there it is!

PS, thank you, Cameleye!

-Keith

Keith, tell us the truth ..... you're really Keith Urban, arent you ? And you get Gibson to make any creation for you that you like, like the L00-TV

I picked up the Five Star Dealer L-00 from 2011 run. Ren Ferguson did the top bracing. Very nice and much more affordable than the Legend. I wanted a Legend but couldn't find one. The guitar is real nice. Needs some time to breaking with the adirondack top.

I picked up the Five Star Dealer L-00 from 2011 run. Ren Ferguson did the top bracing. Very nice and much more affordable than the Legend. I wanted a Legend but couldn't find one. The guitar is real nice. Needs some time to breaking with the adirondack top.

Is this the "Luther's Choice" L00? It will have Ren's signiture on the inside lable if so. These have a wonder reputation since, as you say, Ren actually participated in the make up and building of this L00 and a couple of other models. Nice catch.

Narrowing down the search here thanks to all above. I wonder if there's a 5 star dealer anywhere that has one of these in stock. Modoc?

As of 10 days ago Bailey Brothers had a twin to mine. Keith is usually off on Mondays so call him tomorrow or later in the week.

Keith, tell us the truth ..... you're really Keith Urban, arent you ? And you get Gibson to make any creation for you that you like, like the L00-TV

If only it were true! LOL. I am just a guy who works at a Gibson dealer and loves the guitars!

And does that Gibson dealer you work for have one of these L-00TVs for sale?

Thanks, Ce

I sold the one that we had. Right now Montana is on a temporary hold for custom orders while they finalize next year's line up. We have another local guy interested in one too. I am not sure when they will open up ordering, but the guitar will take 6-8 weeks build time once they do. I am hoping it is soon!

Archived