Gibson Brands Forums

Double-Cuts

Phoenix

i didn't like them at first, but there was this one at a music store i go to a lot and it was really cool. after playing it a while i decided they where actually pretty cool, my first choice would still be a single cut away though.

yeah, but lets face it... it was PRS's success that made gibson revive the shape when they did, just like it was gibsons success that made PRS do the singlecut

I love the double cuts... more than the PRS shape actually. There is something very functional about it and i remember having serious GAS for a blue one with cream P-90's

I have a 1999 GLP DC special and I absolutely love it! Cherry Mahogany body/neck, rosewood board.

Only thing- it has P-100's which I am replacing with Lindy Fralin p-90's next week but other than that, it's my new workhorse. I love the feel and sound. I can get a nice quiet ping or pull a nasty biting growl but the Lindy's will step it up a few levels.

I've always loved the look of the LP DC.

I bought a used Spirit back in the early '80s, and really liked the feel. It was a flat top solid body, but pretty close to a LP DC.

I finally had the spare cash to buy the '98 DC I have now back in late '04, and I think it's the best investment I ever made. I paid $750.00 for it, from the original owner, and it was virtually spotless.

I really like the weight, and the feel of the neck. It's not a fancy guitar, but it's a quality guitar, and I plan to keep it until I pass it along to one of my kids.

It's personal preference. Go to a few stores and play all of them. Make sure you try both the 60's and the 50's style neck, theres also other guitars just besides a Les Paul though. In the end it's really what you feel comfortable playing.

upload your pics to photobucket.com or some site like that and move your mouse on to one of the pictures. click on the icom at the bottom of the list and it will automatically copy the link. copy and paste it into your message and then highlight it and click on the icon that looks like a mountain. It will show the picture as a picture, not a link.

Nice stuff' date=' the first pic is an SG though.. unless it's some special thing.. am I wrong? Also, how do I post a picture?[/quote']

upload your pics to photobucket.com or some site like that and move your mouse on to one of the pictures. click on the icon at the bottom of the list and it will automatically copy the link. copy and paste it into your message and then highlight it and click on the icon that looks like a mountain. It will show the pic as a picture, not a link.

Archived