Gibson Brands Forums

Do I need a vaccination?

geeterpicker

I can't seem to put my new Gibson down. The crisp note articulation, the gorgeous ring of the chords, the playability and comfort of my new L-00 just have me hooked. When I have to put it back in the case to attend to annoying interferences like attending to business or having meals, I start convulsing. Soon I am writhing on the floor with stiffened limbs shaking from withdrawal. I rush to the case, get the guitar out and play and all is well.

Was I supposed to be innoculated when I made this purchase?

Naw, too late for shots. It's like the flu, you just have to wait until it passes. Treat the symptons by playing until your fingers bleed. It's possible that your friends and family will try an intervention. Ignore them, it's an addiction that will only pass with the purchase of another Gibson ... or death, whichever comes first.

Welcome.

Make sure you're eating and drinking properly. I'd hate to see a news story about a picker that holed up with his guitar, playing non-stop for several days, forsaking food or water, going into convulsions, and then requiring a rescue by paramedics, followed by months of rehab. . B)

Archived