Gibson Brands Forums

any jack white fans ?

blindboygrunt

i'm a huge fan , definately done more for the guitar than most in the last 20 years ...and youre right juan carlos , blunderbuss is a fantastic album

bbg ,

here is the interview in case you or anyone wants to see it via youtube :

I love it that he plays the mando too =D (a gibson F 4)

JC

I always thought him interesting and sort of liked his stuff, though my take on his guitar playing is that it's effective but, to paraphrase Eric Clapton's description, he doesn't exhibit a lot of craft.

Then I saw him live and was completely won over. Just brilliant stuff. Here's my review for Fretboard Journal of his headlining set at last summer's Lollapalooza.

I always thought him interesting and sort of liked his stuff, though my take on his guitar playing is that it's effective but, to paraphrase Eric Clapton's description, he doesn't exhibit a lot of craft.

Then I saw him live and was completely won over. Just brilliant stuff. Here's my review for Fretboard Journal of his headlining set at last summer's Lollapalooza.

Wow, thats one heluva review there JT. Trust he makes it to Prague sometime, the gothic pseudo setting here would suit him too a tee like it does for Nick Cave, PJ Harvey and the like ..

Wow jt! I agree with EA. Quite the review of both Clark and White. Effusive, to say the least. You don't seem prone to hyperbole so I think I need to find out about Clark and definitely dig deeper into Jack Whites' offerings.

ZW ,

so you think he is not minamalistic ?

Yup, I sure do. That as my point. I actually prefer White when he is chugging away on a mandolin or acoustic. But what Jack White reminds me of is a whole bunch of guys (myself included) when we first started out on electric guitar. Take three chords - play them a few octaves higher or lower, turn the amp up to 10 and then throw in a Fuzz Face or whatever to add even more distortion and then maybe grab a slide. I just can't help but sometimes get the feeling that White may just be putting us all on. Alot of high camp with a healthy dose of artifice. But hey, I like him a whole lot better than the Edge.

Archived