Gibson Brands Forums

blindboygrunts nonvideo , soundcloud this time

blindboygrunt

Another great rendition from you BBG. You really have a nice sounding voice and guitar sound. Interestingly enough (since I've always been a huge JB fan right from the beginning-hell, I even own a Jackson Browne Model 1), I never really got into the original version of this song much. Then the first time I heard it on the "Solo Acoustic" cd it instantly became a favorite. I've been trying to work out my own arrangement ever since, based more on the version that's on the acoustic cd. I have always performed "These Days" and did pretty much the original JB arrangement. Lately I've been experimenting with capoing at the 5th fret and playing in G, rather than playing it in C in the open position. And I'm really appreciating the song more. Your arrangement of "Barricades" I find very inspiring. You do it in your own style and I love it Please don't ever stop sharing your great performances with the rest of us.

cheers guys .

larry - i'm same opinion , became a fan after i heard the solo acoustic album. even tuned down a half step like he does it was too much of a stretch to start in Em , so what you are hearing ( i think :-s ) is capoed at the third and start in Am with the pinkie stretched to the 4th fret on the G string , everything else is just plain old C G F Am , and a Bflat in the bridge ...

beautiful song , the little refrain isnt quite as effective , but u have to play the hand yer dealt .

thanks for listenin

Great stuff BBG. A prime example why a J-45 is the songwriters best friend ! [thumbup]

What strings are you using on the slopey these days ?

theres martin lifespans on at the minute EA , theyre nice strings and all but i'm not sure about the 11's , think they miss something that my usual 12's had .

Dunno the original BBG but always enjoy your clips, matey. Very comfortable performance for you and the guitar sounded great (recently re-strung? Sounds lively and zippy)

Two thumbs up and not in a dirty way!

[thumbup][thumbup]

theyre actually a few months old PM , thanks for the thumbs

Great job mate.Perfect sound on the geetar and your voice really suits that song.I'll definitely investigate those solo JB's. I only have one old scratched vinyl of his.

My J-45's due for a string change.My brother bought me some sets of Martin 80/20's for Xmas. I'd told him get PB's not 80/20's...haha, guess he heard in reverse.But I'll put em on a post a clip soon...hope they aren't too bright.be interesting to see the difference from my usual D'addario EJ 16'S.

Archived