Gibson Brands Forums

NGD SG Jr

Joe M

One of my local shops just found this guitar, brand new, in the box in their inventory. Been unopened for 5 years. I don't care if it's got a baked maple fretboard; I don't care if there should be white buttons, not tulips; I don't care if the pickguard isn't "right". It's a great guitar. Fit and finish are outstanding, especially since it's a "budget" model. Gonna take some getting used to the wider, flatter fretboard, but I'm really liking the punch of the p90. This is coming from a confirmed tele/strat player. Less is more.... [thumbup]

IMG_0698_zpsq1avhe7v.jpg

One of my local shops just found this guitar, brand new, in the box in their inventory. Been unopened for 5 years. I don't care if it's got a baked maple fretboard; I don't care if there should be white buttons, not tulips; I don't care if the pickguard isn't "right". It's a great guitar. Fit and finish are outstanding, especially since it's a "budget" model. Gonna take some getting used to the wider, flatter fretboard, but I'm really liking the punch of the p90. This is coming from a confirmed tele/strat player. Less is more.... [thumbup]

IMG_0698_zpsq1avhe7v.jpg

You've just stated the (obvious) reason(s) one buys a guitar, in the first place. Who cares,

what the "Cork Sniffer's" pontificate about. Buy what you love, for the very reason(s) you

love it! Congratulations! [thumbup] Nice looking SG Jr! [biggrin]

CB

I like the lines of that pick guard. It still looks Gibson, but Gibson with a difference.

I also want to add my endorsement of torrefied maple as fingerboard material. It's tougher than rosewood, feels like ebony and its stable.

Congratulations on a great catch.

PS Wider, flatter fretboard? How does it differ?

PS Wider, flatter fretboard? How does it differ?

Thanks for all the nice comments, I appreciate them.

merciful, I was referring to the difference between the Gibson and just about any Tele/Strat. Gibson neck is definitely wider and flatter than most, if not all, Fenders.

Archived