Gibson Brands Forums

Very suspicious.....

J-200 Koa

I saw this on ebay and came here to see if anyone mentioned it. Aside from the fake headstock, let's not forget the square shoulder as opposed to slope shoulder. The guitar also has a white nut as opposed to a black graphite nut as found on the current standard. That's not a mahogany back either.

Hmmmmm,.....valid points but the white nut would be the last of my worries. This could be aftermarket or just a factory installed Tusq nut if they ran out of black.

I think that the photo of the back is just at a funny angle and its actually round shoulders. Or am I seeing things?

msp_confused.gif

I have informed ebay..what ever good that does, and I have mailed the seller.

I asked if his wife had bought a fake and he is now trying to palm it off on some

unsuspecting person. This is fake in so many ways.

This is what I asked the seller; Hi,

Please note that the guitar listed 2012 Gibson J-45 has all the hallmarks of being fake.

Did your wife buy a fake, and now you are pushing it off on someone else?

The guitar is fake for the following reasons.

Headstock-wrong shape, color, inlay, Body shape is wrong, pick guard is wrong, wood is wrong, label is wrong, rosette is wrong. Take it to Jacksons Music Store on Stratford road and they will confirm what I have said.

This was his reply;

I spoke with the high bidder and he doesnt mind that. Thank you though!

The bidder dosent mind? Crazy!

This is what I asked the seller; Hi,

Please note that the guitar listed 2012 Gibson J-45 has all the hallmarks of being fake.

Did your wife buy a fake, and now you are pushing it off on someone else?

The guitar is fake for the following reasons.

Headstock-wrong shape, color, inlay, Body shape is wrong, pick guard is wrong, wood is wrong, label is wrong, rosette is wrong. Take it to Jacksons Music Store on Stratford road and they will confirm what I have said.

This was his reply;

I spoke with the high bidder and he doesnt mind that. Thank you though!

The bidder dosent mind? Crazy!

I told the seller exactly the same thing, and he sent me the same exact reply he sent you. This makes no sense whatsoever.

I sent the seller a question, do the 'questions' to the seller eventually show up on the listing page too?

The questions and answers only appear on the listing IF the seller(lister) chooses to display them! In this case, it would 'ruin' his sale if he displayed them, obviously.

Well at least he's consistent!!!!

My Question: "....Hi, just to let you know, this guitar is a Fake and not a Gibson made guitar "

His answer: "...Hi there I spoke with the high bidder and he doesnt mind that. Thank you!"

I've reported the item but EBAY will not do anything. Maybe if we all report the item they will take action, but I seriously doubt it. They are just after a fee in a sale...

There is one way to stop him selling this fake, one of us buys it by putting in a crazy high bid. The winner then them simply changes his mind by stating that the item is a fake. The seller then may then go to the second highest bidder with a "Second chance offer". If this was another forum member they would just tell him were to go and keep his Chinese fake!!!

Anybody game?

msp_sneaky.gif

Would you look at that! Its back to 99¢. and no bids.

Perhaps the highest bidder did mind after all.

May be that rosewood neck lost the deal?!

Maybe his mate was bidding on the guitar and trying to push the price....

So, here is the latest....It is now a J-45(China replica) $299http:/

www.ebay.com/itm/2012-Gibson-J45-china-/150794218774?pt=Guitar&hash=item231c092d16#ht_500wt_1413

I certainly think that forum members may have made the seller think twice about scamming.

The auction is listed as "ended by seller because the item is no longer available". No bids at 99 cents. I guess he pulled it under our pressure.

Great job, guys. Good triumphs over evil for once.

The auction is listed as "ended by seller because the item is no longer available". No bids at 99 cents. I guess he pulled it under our pressure.

Great job, guys. Good triumphs over evil for once.

...I wonder if EBAY actually pulled it in the end due to us reporting it? Did anyone else contact EBAY?

[huh]

"..I am re-listing this beautiful guitar due to its probability of being a Gibson J-45 replica from China. It is a beautiful looking, sounding and playing guitar which was a gift yo me from my wife. But apparently unbeknownst to me it is only a replica.."

Doesn't say much about his marriage.

His Wife buys him a fake Gibson and doesn't tell him it's fake. Now he's selling it. I wonder if he got wise and dumped her?

msp_unsure.gif

Archived