Gibson Brands Forums

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Today
  2. This s-hit is funny. The Dead album is a full concert from ‘77 they never intended to release. It’s the Dead’s Archivists, Dave’s Pick’s, an on going live concert series for well, Dead Heads, and is limited to 25k copies total. I have one. The Dead as a band ended the day Jerry died in ‘95. Taylor was 6 years old. How many albums did she sell that day? None. So the “It” girl of right now outsold dinosaurs who are no longer together. The Dead have done more, seen more, smoked, and tripped more, and made 100 times more music than she has. What drivel. https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/taylor-swifts-ttpd-outsells-the-grateful-deads-new-album/
  3. Firebird has been done. He’s had tons of LP’s, a Firebird, an EDS-1275 and now the ES-335. I may be missing 4 or 5 tho, so correct me if I missed any.
  4. Next will be the Slash SG... Then the Slash Firebird... Then the Slash Flying V.... And then, for the grand finale - the Slash Thunderbird bass...
  5. $1500 a pop x 50, is not bad days work for putting your name on something you didn’t even build. If you do the math 10% is $75,000. 15% is more. I just looked you get a signed album and coffee table book. So it’s a steal.
  6. Crystal Silence — Gary Burton and Chick Corea Notes ♫
  7. Yesterday
  8. It used to be 10% of dealer price per guitar. Up to maybe 15% today, maybe? rct
  9. fyp, Would you bother if you weren't you? Just wondering. RBSinTo
  10. “Gibson has now built a fantastic replica of this extraordinary guitar. Same dot neck, Bigsby tremolo, and finish. You have to check it out.” Note to Slash: that's not a dot neck.
  11. My BB King was the best electric I ever owned. Whammy bars are for Steve Via and that guy from Dragon Force.
  12. I have purchased over 18 brand new Gibson over the last 10 years and have never received one like this. My advice is contact Gibson directly about the situation and see what they say.
  13. They're still taking orders. I like the sound of the ES very much, and this 1963 was "killer" on KILLING FLOOR. However, there is a Bigsby. On an ES! Not a great fan, it reminds me of WW-1 artillery hardware. Or on a TELE. If players want vibrato-tremolo, they can always get a pedal for that. So what's the use of a Bigsby... besides tuning in-stability? 🤠
  14. I had to check the price, because the MusicRadar guys wouldn't give it away. $14,999.00
  15. that's kinda bad. I slipped through quality control myself back in May 1960 and I've managed to hang in there ...
  16. it's the wood & it's beautiful
  17. Yes it is the 2019 namm.
  18. https://www.musicradar.com/news/slash-has-a-new-signature-gibson-guitar-and-its-an-es-335 Seriously, is he the only player on planet Earth? Get it now only 50 made, probably all are already sold. NO sig ES-345 for Bill Nelson, when I think ES’s my mind immediately goes to Slash.
  19. And to answer the OP’s question, yes it did slip through QA.
  20. Yes when I do it is though playing and bumping into stuff in my room. I don’t sit around throwing hand fulls of pennies at my guitars if that is what you’re inferring. Never bought a pre abused guitar in my life, just used ones in excellent shape, and they still are. Of course a ding happens on occasion. But I don’t gouge peices of my fretboard out with a chisel.
  21. I didn’t say you were mean. Yes what a nice $2500 plus lesson to learn due to Gibson’s incompetence, and shoddy QA. I love the Fanboy mentality. It’s why I stick around. The stuff some Fanboys say sometimes is a total joke.
  22. Did either of you read my original/not translated post? I was not being “mean,” just practical. Yes, it’s sad, but it IS a lesson. They had a return period and they didn’t check the thing over while they had a chance. I said nothing about it being normal for Gibson. I only said I didn’t blame the STORE for not taking it back outside of the return window. And if it’s so obvious bad, I do find it hard to believe it came from the factory like that and no one from the QC-to the store-to the customer noticed the defect. The buyer never looked at the fret board? I know you all love to bash and mock the host of this forum (and members you don’t care for), but all I did was offer some accidental ways it could have been damaged without them noticing. I wasn’t “blaming” them or saying they did it on purpose. I was just looking at a hard played 2022 guitar and you could follow the preferred playing techniques by the gouged wear patterns on the fret board and the frets. Real life. Shrug. I don’t get the point of the hostility from certain corners. I guess deploying the hide button has been useful.
  23. Hello, folks! I want to share with you my EXTREMELY deep review of the new Epiphone SJ-200! I discuss every tiny bit of this instrument here: It's a FANTASTIC sounding guitar with VERY thick neck and a 7/10 fit and finish.
  1. Load more activity