Gibson Brands Forums

2011 Gibson Les Paul Classic Custom AN

btoth76

Thanks! Unfortunately the pictures are quite dark. I've only noticed that today when I uploaded them to PBucket. The back is so nice too, it really seems one-piece, although it isn't. But most importantly: it's perfect, no issues, came well set up, no nut sticking at all! Just lowered the action a bit and the bridge pickup. That's all... Never played anything as great as this one...:) Cheers... Bence

Hello DurtyDevil! Thank You! Actually, I wanted my collection to be as diverse tone-wise as possible...and an SG would be a perfect addition. Maybe, - as soon as I recover from this purchase - I will look at the current vintage sunburst Standard. I like everything about that guitar - as far as looks are concerned, but need to find out how it sounds. Cheers... Bence

Congrats Bence, That is a beautiful guitar. [thumbup] The back does look one piece and I love how it seems to flow into the neck. I wish the web site would have shown what the backs of each looked like. I might've got what you have instead of the wine red :rolleyes: ......nah, love my wine [biggrin] Again, congrats, enjoy, and what a beauty [love]

TC

Thanks! Unfortunately the pictures are quite dark. I've only noticed that today when I uploaded them to PBucket. The back is so nice too, it really seems one-piece, although it isn't. But most importantly: it's perfect, no issues, came well set up, no nut sticking at all! Just lowered the action a bit and the bridge pickup. That's all... Never played anything as great as this one...:) Cheers... Bence

Pics are just fine. Glad there were no issues and everything is as it should be.

Happy playin' to ya'!!!! :)

Hello DurtyDevil! Thank You! Actually, I wanted my collection to be as diverse tone-wise as possible...and an SG would be a perfect addition. Maybe, - as soon as I recover from this purchase - I will look at the current vintage sunburst Standard. I like everything about that guitar - as far as looks are concerned, but need to find out how it sounds. Cheers... Bence

You'll love the SG! It's light, and it's easy to handle and play too. My SG Standard has the 490R and 498T pickups, so when I need a darker tone or some edge to the sound I just put down the LP Classic Custom and plug in the SG.

Hello All! First of all thanks for Your nice comments, but I think all these compliments should be addressed to the skilled craftsmen at Nashville! They do great job day by day. This is my third Gibson ever (so far), and all of them were/are fantastic instruments. I'll definitely expand my collection - as my wallet allows - WITH GIBSONs ONLY! Best regards and thanks again... Bence

You'll love the SG! It's light, and it's easy to handle and play too. My SG Standard has the 490R and 498T pickups, so when I need a darker tone or some edge to the sound I just put down the LP Classic Custom and plug in the SG.

Hello JM2112! I would surely love it! I know the 490/498 pickups very well - I had them in my '92 Studio. They bite! Good combination with an all-mahogany corpus! The new vintage sunburst Standard with baked maple 'board really caught my attention. Maybe next year...(or who knows:)) Cheers... Bence

That IS beautiful! I am really considering gettin' one for myself. How is that baked maple fretboard?

Anyhoo, congrats on the new guitar!

Hello Molto!

Don't think about it too long! They are selling well - even here, which is - so to say - not the most fortunate corner of the world.

The baked maple board is almost as dark as rosewood. Before I made the photos I've cleaned the instrument: Virtuoso Cleaner, then the polisher, and lemon oiled the fretboard twice (with an hour difference between the layers). What You'll immediately notice it's density, it has no grain - just like an ebony fingerboard. It has a nice, warm feel. I always prefered the 50's style necks since I have large hands... This one has - according to the Specs - 60's Slim Taper, although it's different from one of my friends' 60's Tribute SG's neck profile. It's more like the 70's small D-shape neck. Both the neck profile and great fret dressing allows very smooth, effortless playing. It came perfectly set up from the factory! You can play rapidly without stressing Your hands. Really the best I've ever played. Cheers... Bence

Archived