Gibson Brands Forums

lookin' for that small body

vacamartin

Played the L-00PR0 and Keb mo......gotta say the Keb Mo has that gibson sound....but that neck is way too fat. L-00 PRO is smooth and plays well amp'd. Wanted to a/b the new Eagle but ...no mas.....so anyone compared these yet? J.D.

Played the L-00PR0 and Keb mo......gotta say the Keb Mo has that gibson sound....but that neck is way too fat. L-00 PRO is smooth and plays well amp'd. Wanted to a/b the new Eagle but ...no mas.....so anyone compared these yet? J.D.

The small bodied 60's LG0, LG1, LG2, LG3 and B25s all had slim necks.

QM aka Jazzman Jeff

I'm a big fan of the L00-TV ...... a much different animal than the Pro, a model made exclusively for Guitar Center. I own the TV and have played the Pro several times. The TV has a "modern" Gibson neck, very playable. They are hard to find but some are out there, the local 5 Star dealer where I bought mine, has one I think.

I am not saying anything new here, but I have become a huge fan of the LG-2. I have a 2012 Custon Shop it has become my favorite guitar....The body size makes it very comfortable to play and the neck is very similar to my J45TV(altough a bit more rounded and more comfortable). It has a very warm tone and clear articulation when fingering, and when strummed it has that nice old-timey sound. The neck is not as fat as the neck on my 2012 ES-330VOS (which I also love). I have only touched a few L-00s (older ones out of my price range), That new L-00TV is beautiful, but after bonding with the LG-2 my GAS has gone away for now and I dont feel the need for the L-00TV anyomre. So...if you have a 5 star dealer around, you may see if they have or can get the LG-2 reissue...awesome guitar and it has the proper VSB finish too. As others on this forum have commented, a historically correct LG-2 should be part of the regular Gibson line-up.

when my GAS returns....I think it will be about the need for a 12 fret Gibson small body.....

Archived