Gibson Brands Forums

b25 reissue

blindboygrunt

That brings back happy memories to me--the first Gibson I ever played was back around 69, my buddy's B 25. I never played another that sounded quite like his, but I've always had a soft spot for these classy little guitars.

Yes, the sides were laminated, I later learnt. Just goes to show that good laminates sound just fine.

Now, I'm sure the thin 60s neck would feel funny to me. Back then, it felt just fine.

My first guita was a cherry burst B-25, which I acquired in 1972. Sadly, it was stolen out of my '75 Ford Maverick on June 21, 1975. It was my wedding night, and I left it in the car :-(

If Gibson ever does a cherry burst B-25' I will buy one.

Any reason why the sides are laminate, when Gibson could have easily had them in solid ?

Nice looking guitar, reminds me of my LG-2 especially with that pickguard, sounds good too from the Thomann sample, much better than the American Eagle sample from last week.

Competitive price also.

There is nothing wrong with a laminate that is made of several even layers of the same wood. The J-200 from the mid-1950s on came with laminate maple back and sides.

To me though this kinda reminds me of spending several thousand bucks to buy a reproduction of a 1930s Schmmidt Stella that cost like $6.00 when new.

Archived