Gibson Brands Forums

NGD

E-minor7

The only way it should be taken. msp_thumbup.gif Happy new bird once again.

I was going to post something longer but I really... moustache_black(1).jpg

Are you sure that's a nut and not the bridge from the new SJ200 El Salvador?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beautiful Hummingbird E-m and interesting way to display her with your art work since both are a works of art! I love the way you describe her sound, can't wait to hear her drip some nectar!

Simply must say this and it surprises me a quite a bit that I have to go so far –

But it's now is the 10th day of the new Hummingbird and if it ain't already, it might turn out to be the best acoustic guitar I ever heard/played.

Normally I try to avoid the relative term 'best' and I know it is big words in May, but here they make sense.

It still carries the 12-54 Masterbuilts from the shop and just sings better and better each time I pick it up.

At the same time warm, mellow and crisp – add the precious virtue of depth with no sneaky boom under the surface plus an admirable presence and balance.

How and to where and what it will develop can only be imagined.

I feel very privileged and lucky to be able to see it through.

Though I admit the buy was a bit of a financial gamble, it won't be regretted a second.

Will try and record a strip sooner or later – extremely curious about how the finer nuances of acoustic expression translates unto 'tape'.

All for now -

Must be a sweet one E.M.7! I have yet to get my hands on a TV 'bird but I sold 2 90's Hummingbirds, an AJ, a J45 Deluxe and 2 Guilds just to keep my '93 Hummingbird. I am a big fan. Glad you're enjoying yours so much, and to hint at "best ever", wow!!

Good to hear you're enjoying it so much. As for best ever, I'll wait until you've bought another guitar and if it's still the best then... we all have a tendency to say each NGD is the 'best ever'. Nonetheless, hope you get a great many years from it. Always nice to hear about a happy customer.

Must be a sweet one E.M.7! I have yet to get my hands on a TV 'bird but I sold 2 90's Hummingbirds, an AJ, a J45 Deluxe and 2 Guilds just to keep my '93 Hummingbird. I am a big fan. Glad you're enjoying yours so much, and to hint at "best ever", wow!!

I can hear it sounds a bit silly, but it really strikes me.

And normally I'm rather sensitive - sometimes too sensitive - about a good guitars' not that good, even bad sides.

But to some general value into the post, I think you should be aware of the difference between TV Birds and TV Birds.

My theory is that the newer ones are slightly adjusted compared to, let's say '08's, 9's ans 10's. Both from what I've played* and what I've heard on the Tube (a few Board-members counted in).

Nothing too scientific here, but keep all senses open while hunting and carry this idea also.

Whatever happens, bring the stories to the Forum-pages - every contribution to this enigmatic topic adds to the circle around these guitars.

*4 plus an Anniversary model with gold guard motif.

Good to hear you're enjoying it so much. As for best ever, I'll wait until you've bought another guitar and if it's still the best then... we all have a tendency to say each NGD is the 'best ever'. Nonetheless, hope you get a great many years from it. Always nice to hear about a happy customer.

Yes, right, , , but even with that in mind, you know.

That's why I'm surprised - guess I would have avoided the somewhat banal or semi blapper-happy post if I wasn't so taken, , , , by being taken. . . .

Archived