Gibson Brands Forums

old dogs , new tricks ? definately

blindboygrunt

Great thanks, BBG.

I didn't know Nick played mando and Wily played banjo.....great performance.

Who knew?

BluesKing777.

Wily never could keep his tongue in his mouth, especially when he's playing bluegrass--or staring at Sheryl Crow.....

You mean...they aren't? [unsure]

Of course they are.....

I have suspected my guitars being played, and played a fair bit, while I have been out.

And I have found a muddy paw print on my guitar case.......and my best bottleneck was out on the back lawn......

BluesKing777.

I have suspected my guitars being played, and played a fair bit, while I have been out.

And I have found a muddy paw print on my guitar case.......and my best bottleneck was out on the back lawn......

BluesKing777.

Dogs and guitars are not necessarily a good mix, particularly if your guitars feature bone pins, saddles, and nuts--like most of mine do. One minute he's playing blues, the next minute he's chewing the bridge off the guitar.

My dog has pretty small hands, as you can see from the picture, so I'm thinking of getting him a ukelele with plastic parts, so he doesn't get distracted by the bone bits. His name is Spike, and he doesn't talk much. But you don't want to try to take his ball away!

spike_zps64ee518c.jpg

How for a duo - very funny when mister banjo turns his head to dig the mando lick.

Hey, I happen to know the actual Duelling Banjo guy was done this way. We checked at a dinner last X-mas.

Nick - your dog is simply too 'Blue Meanie' for the psychedelic garden. Or is it called something like Garden of Good and Bad. . .

It surely sends me bad trippin' - and I'm normally an ailurofobist - afraid of cats. . .

Nick - your dog is simply too 'Blue Meanie' for the psychedelic garden. Or is it called something like Garden of Good and Bad. . .

It surely sends me bad trippin' - and I'm normally an ailurofobist - afraid of cats. . .

Yeah, he does have a bit of that Blue Meanie grin. But he loves music, unlike the Blue Meanies.

Spike stays inside, away from the Garden of Good and Evil. There are scary things out there.

Spike just looks a little manic: he's actually pretty mellow.

Yeah, he does have a bit of that Blue Meanie grin. But he loves music, unlike the Blue Meanies.

Spike stays inside, away from the Garden of Good and Evil. There are scary things out there.

Spike just looks a little manic: he's actually pretty mellow.

Guard Dog agrees with Spike - no good can come of hangin' round out there!

Except GD looks mellow but is total manic unless sleeping - I saw the 'Evil Cat That Lives On The Fence' go strolling past the back window, even stopping for a rub/scratch against the outside chair, but GD was dreaming and missed it.

BluesKing777.

Archived