Gibson Brands Forums

S. Crow SJ

CAMELEYE

Just played the new Sheryl Crow SJ. Auditioned it along with several other Gibson slopes in hog and all I can say is ... nice! (Well, that's not all I can say.)

Tonewise the SCSJ came out on top, and by a wide margin. But the icing on the cake is the finish. This model has a 'burst reminiscent of the great, glowing, warm 'bursts of the '50s.

Set off with cream binding this guitar is the purest Gibson eye candy available today. Great comfortable neck too.

If it hadn't been for the expensive internal pickup system, it would have been futile to resist.

It is probably well know around here by now, but I won't miss an opportunity to say that my Sheryl SJ is the best new guitar I have ever played. Phenomenal guitar and classic appointments with the most beautiful burst color imaginable!

You do know that there is a version without electronics?

Here is mine:

http://images.yuku.com/image/jpeg/67935d71c0c10ed1cd2ce211ef91e8a6034277c.JPG

http://images.yuku.com/image/jpeg/16b359afcda305e8cd96e081e2077f96db85f14.JPG

Lars

It is probably well know around here by now, but I won't miss an opportunity to say that my Sheryl SJ is the best new guitar I have ever played. Phenomenal guitar and classic appointments with the most beautiful burst color imaginable!

You do know that there is a version without electronics?

Here is mine:

http://images.yuku.c...e8a6034277c.JPG

http://images.yuku.c...7f96db85f14.JPG

Lars

I'm a liking the looks of that one also [thumbup]

Thanks for the replies and comments, folks. I'm a sucker for a nice 'burst.

Doesn't hurt that it sounds great too.

I've been looking into some vintage Martins,but this guitar's kinda sidetracked me.

I'd be interested in knowing who this 5 star dealer is, PiP. I'm in upper NY. Ce

Oh, sorry. Its Alto Music in Middletown, NY. Give a call when Richie is in, he is the guy I deal with there.

Hi Ce, its me - the one who inherited the SJ45 from you. Still loving that guitar. Its at the shop having the bridge slotted so it can wear unslotted pins, and the main thing was the bridge plate needed a hole plugged - it was like that from the factory. There was a thread on this a while back with pictures.

Just played the new Sheryl Crow SJ. Auditioned it along with several other Gibson slopes in hog and all I can say is ... nice! (Well, that's not all I can say.)

Tonewise the SCSJ came out on top, and by a wide margin. But the icing on the cake is the finish. This model has a 'burst reminiscent of the great, glowing, warm 'bursts of the '50s.

Set off with cream binding this guitar is the purest Gibson eye candy available today. Great comfortable neck too.

If it hadn't been for the expensive internal pickup system, it would have been futile to resist.

The SCSJ is an absolutely spectacular guitar. I've lived my whole life in Bozeman, MT and have tried many Gibsons over the years but my SCSJ is my all time favorite. Not only that buts its one of the best guitars I've ever played, period. I also recently bought a used mahogany AJ that is breathing down the SJ's neck but isn't quite there and the SJ is much newer and not yet broken in. It has an incredible burst!

Hi, Paul. Sorry I didn't recognize your handle. And thanks for the store info. I just might give Ritchie a call, especially after Matters post.

And lars, I'm with you all the way. The finish on the SCSJ is the best I've seen in a modern guitar. Bet they use it on the JT Banner reissues.

I also wanted to mention real quick that I have the version without the electronics. I recently played one with the electronics and it definitely didn't have the volume and dynamics that mine has. It still sounded good, just not equal to mine.

Matt

I also wanted to mention real quick that I have the version without the electronics. I recently played one with the electronics and it definitely didn't have to volume and dynamics that mine has. It still sounded good, just not equal to mine.

Matt

Mine is also without electronics. I have not played one with a pup installed.

Was able to play the SCSJ they had at MV in Bozeman against most of everything they had in the VIG (very important guitar room) and it was sincerely the best sounding guitar in the room - the J-200TV was close. If I didn't already basically have this exact guitar but with a wider neck, this one would hve followed me home.

Archived